The Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park is hugely popular among beginning readers. It’s easy for them to understand why. Junie B. (Remember the “B”) is direct and confident, saying all that a kindergartener or first-grader would like to say. Then, How Many Junie B Jones Books Are There? Reading on.
Junie B. Jones is the best. This outspoken firecracker is full of sass and determination. She tackles every bump with an endless curiosity and lots of humor. This hilarious series is easy to understand and makes it fun for young readers. Even the most reluctant readers will be able to laugh at this hilarious collection.
Table of Contents
About Barbara Park
Barbara Park is best known as the author and creator of the New York Times bestseller Junie B. Jones series. These stories about a hilarious kindergartener have been entertaining kids and their parents for over 20 years. The series was a New York Times #1 bestseller for over 180 weeks. Barbara Park and her books were featured in national publications such as Time, Newsweek, and USA Today.
Barbara Park came to the writing profession by a sideways route. She originally planned to teach high school politics and history before becoming a beloved and bestselling children’s author. After completing her secondary education, she realized her true calling was to become a writer. After many rejections, Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers purchased her first manuscript, Operation: Dump the Chump, along with two other manuscripts. Operation: Dump the Chump (1982), Skinnybones (1982), and Don’t Make Me Smile (1981) were the first publications.
Her books included Ma!, a picture book about her grandson. There’s Nothing To Do Here! is a love letter to her grandson. It also includes middle-grade novels like Skinnybones, and Mick Harte Was Here. Barbara was awarded more than 40 children’s books awards, including many Children’s Choice Awards. Barbara Park was born on April 21st, 1947, in Mount Holly, New Jersey. She spent the majority of her adult life in Arizona. She raised her sons with Richard and enjoyed time with her grandsons. Park, who had been fighting ovarian cancer for seven years, died on November 15th, 2013.
How Many Junie B Jones Books Are There?
You’ll have a lot of fun with the world’s most funny kid! All 28 Junie B. Jones chapters books are now available together for the first-ever time. This fun boxed set allows readers to store their Junie B. collection inside their own Stupid Smelly Bus. This set is perfect for teacher gifts, kindergarten, and first-grade graduation gifts, holiday and birthday gifts, as well as gifts for teachers.
Junie B. Jones Books in Order
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus – Aug-1992
- Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business – Feb-1993
- Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth – Aug-1993
- Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying – May-1994
- Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake – Sep-1995
- Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim’s Birthday – Apr-1996
- Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren – Nov-1996
- Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed – Jun-1997
- Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook – Jun-1997
- Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal – Sep-1997
- Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy – Jun-1998
- Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy – Nov-1998
- Junie B. Jones Is (Almost) a Flower Girl – May-1999
- Junie B. Jones And The Mushy Gushy Valentime – Sep-1999
- Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket – May-2000
- Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day – Jan-2001
- Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl – May-2001
- Junie B., First Grader (at last!) – Nov-2001
- Junie B., First Grader: Boss of Lunch – May-2002
- Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder – Oct-2002
- Junie B., First Grader: Cheater Pants – Jun-2003
- Junie B., First Grader: One-Man Band – Dec-2003
- Junie B., First Grader: Shipwrecked – May-2004
- Junie B., First Grader: Boo…and I MEAN IT! – Aug-2004
- Junie B., First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells (P.S. So Does May) – Oct-2005
- Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! – May-2006
- Junie B., First Grader: Dumb Bunny! – Feb-2007
- Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) – Aug-2012
- Junie B. My Valentine – Dec-2013
What age is Junie B Jones good for?
Junie B. Jones should be on your child’s bookshelf by age 5. This is the age when most children are in kindergarten. Junie B. Jones, the most relatable literary character for kindergartners, is usually around this time.
Should Junie B Jones’s books be read in order?
Jones Book List: Although the stories are sequential in character development, the main plots in each book are quite independent. These books are best read in sequence but not essential.
What does level M mean in reading?
Level M readers can recognize the differences between different genres (different types of text), such as fiction, fantasy, informational, and realistic fiction. Level M readers can read and comprehend complex sentences. They can also read tricky words in silent and out loud reading.
Is Junie B Jones a movie?
DreamWorks Animation’s 2018 movie Junie B Jones is called “Juice B Jones”. Universal Pictures is the first DreamWorks movie to distribute. It is based on the Barbra Parks children’s book.