More people are reading books on their Kindle devices, the question of how to return books on Kindle Unlimited has become increasingly common. Kindle Unlimited is a service offered by Amazon that allows users to borrow eBooks from a library of titles. Nonetheless, specific guidelines must be adhered to in order to return these books.
Here’s how Kindle Unlimited subscribers can return books. In this article, we’ll give you the best full guide on how to return books on Kindle Unlimited in 2024. We will provide comprehensive coverage, ranging from cancelling your subscription to obtaining a refund for books you have already downloaded.
How To Return A Kindle Unlimited Book?
Your Tablet or Desktop Kindle Unlimited Devices: How Do You Return a Book?
Upon subscribing to Amazon’s monthly membership service, you will gain access to all books and audiobooks available on the Kindle app via Amazon devices and the Kindle app. There are versions for iOS, Mac, PC, and Android of the program.
Here are the procedures you need to follow if you choose to use your tablet or PC to return a book on Kindle Unlimited:
- Step 1: Go to the Kindle shop using your web browser.
- Step 2: Hover over “your account” at the top and click.
- Step 3: Select “manage your content and devices” from the pop-up menu that appears.
This may require reentering your password. Don’t hesitate to do so.
You must first log in to view all of the stuff on your list (books, personal papers, etc.). Content that is part of Kindle Unlimited will be marked with a little banner.
After clicking one, you’ll see options, including returning the book.
How to Return Books on Kindle Unlimited Using a Kindle e-Ink Device?
Kindle e-readers must follow these guidelines to return books.
- Start by opening the store.
- Click on “all categories” in the second step.
- If you haven’t already done so, go to “Kindle Unlimited.”
There will be an action button called “Return this Title” after getting on the Kindle Unlimited page. This will allow you to return your book.
As soon as you learn that you can do this via your account, you’ll find it simpler to use Kindle Unlimited and navigate the site.
How to Return Books on Kindle Unlimited on Your Tablet or Desktop?
Amazon accounts on computers and tablets allow you to return Kindle Unlimited books.
On your computer:
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in to your account.
- Hover over “Accounts & Lists” and click “Your Content and Devices”.
- Select the book you want to return under “Books”.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu next to the book and click “Return for Refund”.
- Select the reason for returning the book and click “Confirm Return”.
On your tablet:
- Open the Kindle app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Menu icon and then tap “Device Options”.
- Tap “Content Settings”.
- Select the book you want to return under “Books”.
- Tap the Actions drop-down menu next to the book and tap “Return for Refund”.
- Select the reason for returning the book and tap “Confirm Return”.
How to Return a Kindle Book and Get a Refund?
Amazon refunds or exchanges Kindle e-books within seven days. This is an automatic procedure, but know that if you return books often, you’ll be prevented from doing so at some time in the future. This regulation is probably in place to prevent individuals from buying books, reading them in less than seven days, and returning them.
- Log into Amazon first.
Use a web browser to navigate over to the Amazon website. Enter your email address and password using the “hello, sign in” button at the top right.
- 2. Enter your order information on the Orders Page.
Select “orders” from the drop-down menu by hovering over the same button you used to log in, which now shows your name. Afterward, click on “digital orders.”
- 3. Locate the Book You Want to Exchange It For
Click “return for refund” in your purchase history to return a book.
- 4. Explain Why You Want to Return the Book
A popup window will now popup asking you to choose a reason for why you’re returning the book. Click “submit” after selecting an item from the drop-down menu. That concludes our discussion. Within three to five days, you should get a refund for the money you paid out in error.
Do Kindle unlimited books have to be returned?
Users of Kindle Unlimited can only have 20 books borrowed at a time. Therefore you’ll have to return books to get new ones.
Is Kindle Unlimited refundable?
In our Help pages, you’ll find information about Kindle Unlimited’s subscription rates. Some of our membership conditions and prices are subject to change from time to time. There are no exceptions to the rule that membership fees are non-refundable unless otherwise specified in these Terms.
Do authors get paid for Kindle Unlimited?
There is no “buy” or “download” fee for Kindle Unlimited authors; instead, writers are compensated based on the total amount of pages viewed in a given month. For nearly a year, the compensation for pages viewed has been at or below half a penny ($0.00488 per page, to be precise).
How Do I Remove Books From My Kindle Unlimited Library?
If you’re finished with a book and no longer want it taking up space in your Kindle Unlimited library, you can remove it by following these steps:
- Go to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
- Hover your cursor over “Accounts & Lists” and click “Your Content and Devices.”
- Select the “Kindle Unlimited” tab.
- Find the book you want to remove and click the three dots next to it.
- Click “Remove from Library.”
You can also remove books from your Kindle Unlimited library from your Kindle device. Just go to “All” or “Cloud” in your Library, select the book you want to remove, press and hold down on the title, and then select “Remove from Device” from the pop-up menu.
What Are The Consequences of Returning a Book on Kindle Unlimited?
There are a few consequences of returning a book on Kindle Unlimited. The first is that you will no longer have access to the book. You would have to buy or borrow the book to complete reading it.
The second consequence is that you will lose your place in the book. If you’re near to finishing the book, this can be annoying.
The third consequence is that the author will not get paid for the book. This is because Kindle Unlimited pays authors based on how many pages are read, not how many books are sold. So, if you return a book, the author will not receive any money for it.
Why can’t I cancel my Kindle Unlimited?
To discontinue your Kindle Unlimited subscription, go to “Manage my membership” on the Amazon website and follow the instructions. Find your current plan and payment options and the opportunity to cancel in this section. Keeping in mind that these modifications can only be performed online, not on any Amazon app, is crucial.
That concludes our overview of Kindle book returns. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to get a refund for an accidental purchase or return borrowed books to keep below the Kindle Unlimited’s limit.
Do you have any feedback for us on our tour guide? There might be a glaring omission. Is this the first time you’ve had to return a Kindle book? In appreciation, please take a moment to thank me.
- How To Return Rented Books To Amazon: Best Guide 
- How To Return Chegg Books? Best Full Guide 
- How To Find Kindle Unlimited Audiobooks? Top Full Guide