There’s a distinction between forgetting and moving on from the difficult portions of your experience. Never forget who you are and where you come from. Some of the world’s most successful people come from tough family situations and cultures that most people would find difficult to comprehend.
In life, we all have a lot of dreams. We’ll have to do several things to realize our ambitions. We must travel and work diligently. Life frequently leads us in unexpected directions. Many times, we must leave our origins and travel to new places. You must remember your past whether you are going to accomplish your ambitions or for any other purpose.
Every person’s roots serve as a source of inspiration throughout their lives. We’ve compiled a list of renowned Don’t Forget Where You Came From Quotes in this post. You will understand the essential importance of roots in everyone’s life after reading these quotations.
3 Reasons Why You Must Never Forget Where You Came From
1. It is part and parcel of you.
Your story is yours. Although your past doesn’t define you, it is part of who you are today. I hope you enjoy that person. Yes, I do. If I look carefully enough, I can see which aspects of my life have shaped me. She’s stronger because of what she’s gone through. For example, my diabetes is a constant reminder about where I was and where I am now.
2. It reminds us of the places we must not return.
I can remember where I was in the last two years of my childhood. Although she wasn’t necessarily a bad person, in the end, she was much whinier than Rachel today. She was also a selfish girl. She was a selfish little girl. She was more focused on herself and her needs than she was on others. She was smaller than me. She put God in a box. Her innocence is what I miss most, but it’s not much else.
3. Your past glorifies God because you are still alive and well.
Eliza Schuyler said, “The mere fact that you are alive is a miracle.” While I am certain she said it because she believed it was a miracle that no one had killed her husband, I know it also applies to people who don’t hate you. (Yes, there is no shame in my “Hamilton” references. If your past has changed you, being open about it is a way to tell others how faithful God has been throughout your life.
Top 60 Don’t Forget Where You Came from Quotes
- It doesn’t matter where you come from, what you have, what you don’t have. The only thing that matters is that you set a goal and you just dream, live, and fly. – Barrington Irving
- Remember that it is not where you come from, or not even where you are; it is where you are going that matters most -Bo
- Don’t we all have moments we’d rather forget, and thoughts we wished never came to us? We say things too awful to remember. – Randy Susan Meyers
- I know I can act and it doesn’t matter where you come from. – Boris Kodjoe
- Shape? Does a fog have a shape? Does the twilight? Does the onset of darkness? – A.P.
- There’s no point apologizing about where you come from. – Colin Greenwood
- There are real facts in my poems, but facts mixed up in the perverse stubborn stew of imagination, add a pinch or two of revenge and retribution, a dash of amplification and reparation. – Philip Schultz
- It doesn’t matter where you come from or who you think you are, we’re all human beings with beating hearts. -Demi Lovato
- Don’t ever forget where you came from–especially if you don’t even know where you are going. – Sara Marie Hogg
- Knowing where you come from is one thing, but it’s suicide to stay there. -Dennis Covington
- Why do you want to touch me? I’m nothing. I’m no one. – T.M. Frazier
- As artists, it’s our job to delve into the uncomfortable, the difficult, and the challenging. – Jared Leto
- Believe in yourself, Anything is possible no matter who you are, or where you come from. Find your path and stay on it, if you want something bad enough, nothing can stop you. -Eddie Spears
- In Britain, you never get away from the fact that you are a foreigner. In the USA, the view is it doesn’t matter where you come from. – Aasif Mandvi
- It’s good to know where you come from. It makes you what you are today. It’s DNA, it’s in your blood. – Alexander McQueen
- She was as lovely sleeping as she was dripping in sensuality at the fundraiser – Kailin Gow
- We don’t forget … Our heads may be small, but they are as full of memories as the sky may sometimes be full of swarming bees, thousands and thousands of memories, of smells, of places, of little things that happened to us and which came back, unexpectedly, to remind us who we are. – Alexander McCall Smith
- More and more I understand that it’s very fine not to know where you come from. -Amelie Nothomb
- It’s always good to remember where you come from and celebrate it. To remember where you come from is part of where you’re going. – Anthony Burgess
- you can’t just let people down, dammit. – Hanif Kureishi
- My mother gave me one piece of advice that stuck with me. She said don’t forget where you came from. – Eva Longoria
- It’s not about where you come from, it’s about heart. -Eric Thomas
- Don’t forget that love is all you came here for, not anything less. Need I say more? – Brett Dennen
- Don’t forget who you are and where you come from. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Don’t forget where you came from, but always remember where you’re going. – Luke Taylor
- As a kid, this is what I wanted my life to be. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever dare to dream that it would be this. – Smokey Robinson
- Sometimes stereotyping happens not because of any nefarious reasons but rather because people don’t know who you are or where you come from, so they go for the broad strokes about you, your culture, your faith, all that. -Faran Tahir
- Where you come from does matter — but not nearly as much as where you are headed. -Jodi Picoult
- If you don’t know where you come from, then you won’t know when you’re being taken back. -Joseph Lowery
- Remember who you are and where you come from; otherwise, you don’t know where you are going. -Karolina Kurkova
- It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from – if you put quality work out there, it will be appreciated. -Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy
- How can the face that welcomed me into the world be the face I’ll soon forget? How can the body I came through be the body I don’t really know? – Michelle Carithers
- Girls,” their mother interjected, “you must both stop being strange – it is unattractive. And don’t forget your hats. It would be absolutely the end for me if you two came down with freckles at a time like this. – Anna Godbersen
- I’ll never forget the day when a woman came up to me and said, ‘No, you could never be on a magazine cover. Your face features don’t work; your eyes are small, you have a small face but a big nose.’ I was only 14 and I had never noticed any of that stuff, you know? – Gisele Bundchen
- It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you don’t know where you are, and if you don’t know where you are, you don’t know where you’re going. And if you don’t know where you’re going, you’re probably going wrong. –Terry Pratchett
- When you’ve said all the bad things and all the good things, you haven’t been saying, you will find that what you’ve really been withholding is, “I love you”. You don’t go looking for love when it is when you come from.” – Werner Erhard
- 2 Corinthians, 4:9, says ‘Persecuted, but not forsaken: cast down, but not destroyed:’ You see God kept me standing for a reason. – Michele L. Waters
- A kid came up to me the other day and said, ‘Hey, you’re the guy on Scrubs!’ Kid, I am Scrubs, and don’t you forget it. – Zach Braff
- I’m living proof you can excel regardless of where you come from. -Keith Swea
- I think what I’ve learned out of this lifetime is you should be proud of where you come from. –Kid Rock
- It doesn’t matter who you are, or where you come from, or how much money you got in your pocket. You have your own destiny and your own life ahead of you. _ Lady Gaga
- Your days are short here; this is the last of your springs. And now in the serenity and quiet of this lovely place, touch the depths of truth, feel the hem of Heaven. You will go away with old, good friends. And don’t forget when you leave why you came. – Adlai E. Stevenson
- You and I were different. We came from different worlds, and yet you were the one how taught me the value of love. You showed me what it was like to care for another, and I am a better man because of it. I don’t want you to ever forget that. – Nicholas Sparks
- Do people normally wear boxers under their pajamas? – Phil Lester
- You can dream big and it doesn’t matter what you look like, where you come from. -Misty Copelan
- A political convention is just not a place where you come away with any trace of faith in human nature. -Murray Kempton
- Return to the root and you will find the meaning. – Sengcan
- Fence straddlers have no balls. In compensation, however, they enjoy a comfortable seat and can retreat swiftly, when danger threatens, to either side of the fence. There is something to be said for every position. – Edward Abbey
- We all came from our mothers’ bellies. We all have hope in our veins. We don’t want history to forget us, but the dead look after the afterward. – Henri Cole
- If you talk in your sleep, don’t mention my name. If you walk in your sleep, forget where you came from. – Elvis Presley
- “If you know where you are from, it is harder for people to stop you where you are going. ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- Don’t forget where you come from Don’t die holding on to your words Cause you know you got a whole world to change But understand who you got to change first. -Macklemore
- The technology can help the artist work in a different way and the artist also helps define what the technology should be. They call for the tools that they want to be able to tell their story. I thought that was really exciting and interesting. – Christopher Kenneally
- No one knows what he can do till he tries. – Publilius Syrus
- Home is where you come to when you’ve got nothing better to do. -Margaret Thatcher
- Things that came before, people and things and experiences – that does mean something to me. It doesn’t mean I don’t embrace the new, but I don’t forget the past, either. – Vera Wang
- Assimilation is really a psychological process where you come to identify with a new country as yours. The ease of overseas travel and information access interferes with that. -Mark Krikorian
- No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful. -Michelle Obama
- They said no future forget it
- You came from the wrong side of town
- I said don’t listen don’t let it
- Let it bring you down
- Make you wear a frown – Dieter Bohlen
- Will sex between humans ever lose its endlessly repeated history? – Samuel R. Delany