Do you wonder why Dr Who is so popular? You should check out Doctor Who Matt Smith Quotes. This is one of the reasons the movie has been so successful. It is a blend of deep humanity and humor, which makes it very attractive.
What’s the best thing about Matt Smith’s quotations? These quotes are just for fun. Is there a deeper meaning? Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Doctor Who Matt Smith Quotes: 10 Most Memorable Quotations From The Eleventh Doctor
- 1.1 1. The End Of Time, Part 2 – “Geronimo!”
- 1.2 2. The Doctor: “No, wait, hang on. I know what I need. I need… I need… I need… fish fingers… and custard!”
- 1.3 3. “Bowties are cool.” -Season 5, Episode 1, The Eleventh Hour.
- 1.4 4. The Eleventh Hour – “Hello, I’m the Doctor. Basically… run!”
- 1.5 5. “Who da man?!”
- 1.6 6. “Good men don’t need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.” – Season 6, Episode 7, ‘A Good Man Goes To War’.
- 1.7 7. The Vampires Of Venice – “I like the bit when someone says ‘It’s bigger on the inside.’ I always look forward to that.”
- 1.8 8. The Doctor: “Didn’t anyone ever tell you? There’s one thing you never put in a trap. If you’re smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.”
- 1.9 Angel Bob: “And what would that be, sir?”
- 1.10 The Doctor: “Me.”
- 1.11 9. “Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you’re busy, then always ignore a coincidence.” – Season 5, Episode 12, ‘The Pandorica Opens.’
- 1.12 10. Amy’s Choice – “Bowties are cool.”
- 2 Other Quotations:
- 3 Conclusion
Doctor Who Matt Smith Quotes: 10 Most Memorable Quotations From The Eleventh Doctor
1. The End Of Time, Part 2 – “Geronimo!”
This was the signature tagline that set The Eleventh Doctor apart from all his previous incarnations. It remained with him through the entire series. The Tenth Doctor’s regeneration had left him with a traumatizing message for the Tardis.
The new Doctor was amazed at his new physical features, and the Tardis burst into flames, causing it to plummet from the sky. The excitement didn’t seem too much to the new Doctor, who continued with the joyride.
2. The Doctor: “No, wait, hang on. I know what I need. I need… I need… I need… fish fingers… and custard!”
The Doctor and the Tardis crashed into Amy Pond’s home after what was arguably the most dramatic… regeneration of his life. It can be very difficult to cheat death by regenerating every cell of your body. We can see why he is so hungry. Smith would recall the meal he finally settles on many times throughout his tenure on the show.
3. “Bowties are cool.” -Season 5, Episode 1, The Eleventh Hour.
The Doctor declares his love of bowties to Amy Pond with this quote. This catchphrase was the signature of the raggedy man’s television personality.
4. The Eleventh Hour – “Hello, I’m the Doctor. Basically… run!”
The Doctor never hesitated to show his protection over Earth, be it towards the Cybermen, the Sycorax, or the Daleks. He was ready to fight the Atraxi when they attacked Earth.
His reputation was already established at that point. The Doctor said this quote to Atraxi, and the Doctor wisely listened. Atraxi ran away.
5. “Who da man?!”
No screwdriver. No TARDIS. It took twenty minutes to save the planet. It’s true.
6. “Good men don’t need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.” – Season 6, Episode 7, ‘A Good Man Goes To War’.
The Doctor said this quote because he believes it’s a just punishment and that he has a responsibility to repay. He also knows his limitations and the possibility of being an evil man.
7. The Vampires Of Venice – “I like the bit when someone says ‘It’s bigger on the inside.’ I always look forward to that.”
One of the most common Doctors Who gags involves companions and other characters walking into Tardis for their first time only to be struck by the seeming impossible size paradox.
They usually end up commenting on how much larger it is inside. The Doctor may be disappointed if that does not happen.
8. The Doctor: “Didn’t anyone ever tell you? There’s one thing you never put in a trap. If you’re smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.”
Angel Bob: “And what would that be, sir?”
The Doctor: “Me.”
Eleven’s first encounters with River Song coincide with his first conflict against the Weeping Angels. They are summoned by River to assist with a starship crash on the planet Alfava Metraxis but soon find themselves trapped by a horde of Angels. They believe they have the Doctor in their clutches… The Doctor is not a trapper, but there’s one thing that you don’t put in a trap.
9. “Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you’re busy, then always ignore a coincidence.” – Season 5, Episode 12, ‘The Pandorica Opens.’
The Eleventh Doctor quote above explains another rule that the clever Doctor has established. This is his eighth rule.
10. Amy’s Choice – “Bowties are cool.”
Even compared to his more eccentric past selves, the Eleventh Doctor was not the most fashion-conscious. Bowties were not as fashionable as sequenced outfits with question marks or celery sticks on the lapel.
He was unaffected by his run, and he revisited the bowtie accessory numerous times.
11. “Bow ties are cool.”
Eleven finally has a style that suits him after spending the episode in the ragged remnants of Ten’s suit & bow tie. The Doctor: Are you a snappy dresser? Or the snappiest?
12. Vincent Van Gogh: “It seems to me there’s so much more to the world than the average eye is allowed to see. I believe, if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamt of.” – Season 5, Episode 10, ‘Vincent and the Doctor.’
These lines, which are some of the most touching episodes of the series, are some of the most inspiring Doctor Who Matt Smith quotes.
13. Cold Blood – “There are fixed points throughout time where things must stay exactly the way they are. This is not one of them. This is an opportunity! Whatever happens here will create its own timeline, its own reality, a temporal tipping point. The future revolves around you, here…now, so do good!”
The Doctor was an expert in dealing with time flow. He knew when and where to intervene and when to stop. The Doctor was always careful to do the best he could in any situation that allowed him to alter the timeline. He makes this recommendation and pays it forward.
14. “I. AM. TALKING!”
Everybody stops listening to The Doctor when he speaks.
To get the Pandorica, every foe of The Doctor has congregated at Stonehenge. It is a prison believed to hold the “most dangerous man of the Universe”. Even The Doctor doesn’t believe it’s true. He still managed to get there first, though, and cut off his enemies at each turn before delivering this speech.
It also serves as a callback to “The Idiot Lantern.”
15. “The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” – Season 5, Episode 10, ‘Vincent and the Doctor.’
This is Amy’s Doctor explaining to Amy the wonders of life in difficult situations.
16. Vincent And The Doctor – “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things.”
This quote from the Doctor is full of wisdom. It focuses on the importance of recognizing the balance in your life. Even though many horrible things happen, they often have a silver lining. In the same way, even good intentions and actions don’t always cover the evils in the world. Failure to recognize these situations can lead to despair and nihilism.
17. “Hey, of course, I’m okay. I’m always okay. I’m the king of okay. No, that’s a rubbish title. Forget that title.”
This scene perfectly illustrates how strange it is to be a friend or associate of The Doctor. One of his closest friends witnessed him being killed by an astronaut who climbed out from a lake. He was found alive hours later.
Another great callback is to the moment between Tennant (Catherine Tate), and Donna Noble (Catherine Tate), in “The Forrest of the Dead.”
18. “The universe is big, it’s vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. And that’s the theory. Nine hundred years, never seen one yet, but this would do me.” – Season 5, Episode 12, ‘The Pandorica Opens.’
This is one of the most inspiring Doctors Who quotes that the Doctor said when he found the Pandorica’s Box.
19. Day Of The Moon – “Safe? No! Of course, you’re not safe! There are about a billion other things out there just waiting to burn your whole world, but if you want to pretend you’re safe just so you can sleep at night, then okay, you’re safe – but you’re not real!”
The Eleventh Doctor was not afraid to say it as it was, no matter what people thought. It was probably a good thing because it reminded people to be vigilant and on guard and not become complacent or too comfortable. This is sound advice, but it should also be balanced with optimism because threats are unpredictable.
20. “The name I chose is ‘The Doctor.’ The name you choose is like a promise you make.”
In the lead-up to the 50th Anniversary Special, the Doctor’s shame is exposed. It’s a bit scary for serious Matt Smith.
21. ” So if you’re sitting up there in your silly little spaceship with all your silly little guns and you’ve got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who’s standing in your way! Remember! Every black day I ever stopped you! And then! And then! Do the smart thing! Let somebody else try first.” – Season 5, Episode 12, ‘The Pandorica Opens.’
This is the 11th Doctor’s goosebumps-inducing dialogue when he stands up for his enemies.
22. Night Terrors – “Through crimson stars and silent stars and tumbling nebulas like oceans set on fire, through empires of glass and civilizations of pure thought, and a whole, terrible, wonderful universe of impossibilities. You see these eyes? They’re old eyes… and one thing I can tell you, Alex: monsters are real.”
This episode featured the Doctor responding to a call from a boy who was afraid of monsters in his closet. Instead of trying to reassure the child about monsters, Doctor gave the boy a dose of reality.
Research shows that children shouldn’t feel secure all the time. This can lead to problems later in life. True courage is found in conquering the fear of monsters.
23. Amy: “I thought… Well, I started to think you were just a mad man with a box.”
The Doctor: “Amy Pond. There’s something I need you to understand about me. One day, your life could depend on it. I am a madman with a box.”
This is the best quote to sum up, Eleven.
24. “I’ll be a story in your head. But that’s OK. We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know; it was the best.” – Season 5, Episode 13, ‘The Big Bang.’
Every fan will always cherish these inspirational Doctor Who quotes. Before saying his final goodbye, the 11th Doctor kisses Amelia Pond’s forehead and says his last words before saying goodbye.
25. The Angels Take Manhattan – “Amy, please…just come back into the TARDIS! Come along, Pond! Please!”
Amy Pond allowed a Weeping Angel to “kill” Rory. The Eleventh Doctor was never more vulnerable than when he was ambushed in a cemetery. Rory was attacked in a cemetery, and she and the Doctor saw the Angel responsible, waiting for another chance to strike.
Rory was transported back in time, and Rory realized it. She decided to leave the Doctor to be with him, and she allowed herself to be attacked.
The Eleventh Doctor was aware that this would create an indefinite point in time that would prevent him from seeing Amy again and begged her to reconsider. Amy said her farewells just before the Angel attacked, leaving Doctor in pain and tears.
26. The Time Of The Doctor – “I’m the Doctor. I’m a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. I stole a time machine and ran away, and I’ve been flouting the principle law of my own people ever since.”
In this episode, the Eleventh Doctor confronted his past and uttered the following quote summarizing his life. The Time Lords of Gallifrey are well-known for their non-interference in galactic affairs, even though they often break that tenant.
Although the Doctor was aware of the general implications of Time Lord law and he did not violate it, he had multiple regenerations. The Time Lords put the Doctor on trial for crimes against sentient creation at one point. This proved how renegade the Doctor was.
27. “Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.”
28. “Nine Hundred Years Of Time And Space And I’ve Never Met Someone Who Wasn’t Important.”
Kazran Sardick is a man who freezes people cryogenically if their families can’t pay off their debts. In “A Christmas Carol,” the Doctor asks Sardick for the name of one of the frozen persons, and he replies that they aren’t necessary. This prompts the Doctor to respond that he hasn’t met anyone else who isn’t essential in nearly a millennia.
This quote is beloved by fans of the Eleventh Doctor and is considered one of his finest because it summarizes his character well. The Doctor may be mad.
You can’t miss Dr. Who’s most popular quotes online if you are a huge fan. We have compiled a list of Matt Smith’s favorite quotes from Dr. Who. We also explain the meanings of these sentences to help you understand the purpose of each quote. A few valuable quotes can make an unfamiliar character famous.
Many articles still quote famous quotes from other characters. These “ordinary” sayings can be found in the Penn book. For more information, visit https://pennbookcenter.com/.
- Dr Who David Tennant Quotes 2022: Top Complete Guide
- Best Sylvia Plath Quotes 2022
- 20+ Best Jrr Tolkien Quotes