What does it mean to reap what you sow? The expression “you reap what your sow” is a way to say that eventually, the consequences of your actions will catch up with you. You will be forced to accept them. This idiom is derived from the Bible’s Galatians chapter 6 verse 7. It refers to the actions farmers take to grow crops. Farmers put in a lot of effort to plant their crops and then have to sow them after they are established. How much they sow or how productive their crops are will depend on their effort to grow them. Are you searching for You Reap What You Sow Quotes? Penn Book will share all the best quotes with you.
Table of Contents
You Reap What You Sow Quotes 2022
1. “If you don’t like what you are reaping, you had better change what you have been sowing.” – Jim Rohn.
2. “Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.” – Ralph Ransom.
3. “An act of love makes the soul more loving. A deed of humbleness deepens humbleness. The thing reaped is the very thing sown, multiplied a hundredfold. You have sown a seed of life, you reap life everlasting.” – Frederick William Robertson.
4. “As a man sows, so shall he reap. In works of fiction, such men are sometimes converted. More often, in real life, they do not change their natures until they are converted into dust.” – Charles W. Chesnutt.
5. “In this world, there really is a law of cause and effect: You reap what you sow. Then energy you put out really does come back to you.” – Michael Imperioli.
6. “Plant the seed of fearlessness with you, take daily action in the direction of your dreams and you will reap success with a surety.” – ATGW.
7. “You’ll never change your life until you change your choices.” – Nishan Panwar.
8. “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine.
9. “Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
10. “Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.” – Charles Reade.
Reap What You Sow Quotes Bible
Here are some verses from the Bible which illustrate the notion of “you will reap what your sow quotes”.
11. “The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs.” – Proverbs 14:14.
12. “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” – Corinthians 9:6.
13. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.” – Galatians 6:7.
14. “Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail.” – Proverbs 22:8.
15. “A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.” – Proverbs 11:18.
16. “For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.” – Galatians 6:8.
17. “Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” – Luke 6:38.
18. “Then this shall be the sign for you: you will eat this year what grows of itself, in the second year what springs from the same, and in the third year sow, reap, plant vineyards and eat their fruit.” – Isaiah 37:30.
19. “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” – Galatians 6:9.
20. “Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature.” – Galatians 6:8.
Reap What You Sow Similar Quotes
These quotes have the same lessons attached to harvest and reap what you sow quotes.
21. “Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger.” – Mary Browne.
22. “What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” – Meister Eckhart.
23. “When you do good for other people, that’s when God is going to make sure that His abundant blessings overtake you.” – Joel Osteen.
24. “If we’re going to bring out the best in people, we, too, need to sow seeds of encouragement.” – Joel Osteen.
25. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
26. “Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds, and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.” – Grant M. Bright.
27. “You must give to get, You must sow the seed before you can reap the harvest.” – Scott Reed.
28. “There’s a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which.” – Gary Ryan Blair.
29. “If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters.” – Charles F. Haanel.
30. “With every deed, you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
Best Inspirational ‘Reap What You Sow’ Quotes
These are some quotes that will encourage you to do the right things in your life.
31. “When men sow the wind it is rational to expect that they will reap the whirlwind.” – Frederick Douglass.
32. “If you want to rear financial blessings, you have to sow financially.” – Joel Osteen.
33. “Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness.” – Lois L Kaufman.
34. “To reap a return in ten years, plant trees. To reap a return in 100, cultivate the people.” – Ho Chi Minh.
35. “Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, and it shall be given unto you.” – Adrian Rogers.
36. “Love is not something you sow and reap instantly, you have to watch it grow and become stronger.” – Blaze Olamiday.
37. “Good intentions are at least, the seed of good actions.” – William Temple Sr.
38. “If you sow seeds of dishonor, unfaithfulness, dishonesty today you will reap the same tomorrow.” – Anurag Prakash Ray.
39. “Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” – Soren Kierkegaard.
40. “There would be no advantage to be gained by sowing a field of wheat if the harvest did not return more than was sown.” – Napoleon Hill.
41. “Turned my sorrow into treasured gold, you pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow.” – Adele.
“Everything you do, everything you say, every choice you make, sooner or later comes back around.” – Iyanla Vanzant
“If you want to change then make changes if you want to be treated well then treat others well if you want to be loved then love others. Don’t expect to get something when you aren’t doing it yourself. Too many people expect perfection from others yet fail to give out what they expect.” Anonymous
“Life is like a garden, you reap what you sow.” Paulo Coelho
“We reap what we sow. Choose what you nourish carefully.” Anonymous
“Radiate and give love, and love comes back to you.” Anonymous
“As a man sow, shall he reap.” Bob Marley
“In this earth, in this soil, in this pure field let’s not plant any seed other than seeds of compassion and love.” Rumi
“The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow.” James Allen
“As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.” Joseph Murphy
“Whatever you do today is directly proportional to what will happen to you tomorrow. So sow what you reap.” Anonymous
“Cultivate your craft. Water it daily, pour some tender loving care into it, and watch it grow. Remember that a plant doesn’t sprout immediately. Be patient, and know that in life you will reap what you sow.” ― J.B. McGee
“Speaking a painful truth should be done only in love – like wielding a sword with no hilt – it should pain oneself in direct proportion to the amount of force exerted.” ― Criss Jami, Healology
“Be kind. We never know what people are going through. Give grace and mercy because one day your circumstance could change and you may need it.” – Germany Kent
“Because it is written that you reap what you sow, and the boy had sown good corn.” – Hans Fallada, Every Man Dies Alone
“Keep expecting and believing that your due season is coming. Declare that the good you have harvested in your life will manifest.” – Germany Kent
“People who do that sort of thing may reap what they sow, but they also destroy the harvest of those who are around them.” – Alexander McCall Smith, The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine
“Success doesn’t come with ease. As a matter of fact, the darkest lie you may have been told is that you will reap in abundance when you have sowed nothing. It is a big lie!” – Israelmore Ayivor, Become a Better You
“Wait long enough and you reap what you sow. That holds for men. That holds for towns. That hold for a whole country.” – Lalita Tademy, Red River
“Great outcomes come with countless amounts of income of investments and losses.” – Goitsemang Mvula
“It’s is not surprising news that manna should fall from heaven in these days. But this manna will fall for those who cultivated manna farms on the clouds above! He who sows will reap; isn’t it?” – Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
“Your religious book(s) mentioned the power of mind thousands of years ago so WHY do you have to wait until the science proves it in the 21st century? Let others wait to realize/prove the facts, not you.” – Maddy Malhotra, How to Build Self-Esteem and Be Confident: Overcome Fears, Break Habits, Be Successful and Happy
Watch more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VkMlfN9E3M