What does it mean to reap what you sow? The expression you reap what your sow is a way to say that eventually, the consequences of your actions will catch up with you. You will be forced to accept them. This idiom is derived from the Bible’s Galatians chapter 6 verse 7.
It refers to the actions farmers take to grow crops. Farmers put in a lot of effort to plant their crops and then have to sow them after they are established. How much they sow or how productive their crops are will depend on their effort to grow them. Are you searching for You Reap What You Sow Quotes? Penn Book will share all the best quotes with you.
You Reap What You Sow Quotes 2023
1. If you don’t like what you are reaping, you had better change what you have been sowing. – Jim Rohn.
2. Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy. – Ralph Ransom.
3. An act of love makes the soul more loving. A deed of humbleness deepens humbleness. The thing reaped is the very thing sown, multiplied a hundredfold. You have sown a seed of life, you reap life everlasting. – Frederick William Robertson.
4. As a man sows, so shall he reap. In works of fiction, such men are sometimes converted. More often, in real life, they do not change their natures until they are converted into dust. – Charles W. Chesnutt.
5. In this world, there really is a law of cause and effect: You reap what you sow. Then energy you put out really does come back to you. – Michael Imperioli.
6. Plant the seed of fearlessness with you, take daily action in the direction of your dreams and you will reap success with a surety. – ATGW.
7. You’ll never change your life until you change your choices. – Nishan Panwar.
8. Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine.
9. Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences. – Robert Louis Stevenson.
10. Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny. – Charles Reade.
You Reap What You Sow Quotes Bible
Here are some verses from the Bible which illustrate the notion of “you will reap what your sow quotes”.
11. The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs. – Proverbs 14:14.
12. Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. – Corinthians 9:6.
13. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. – Galatians 6:7.
14. Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail. – Proverbs 22:8.
15. A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward. – Proverbs 11:18.
16. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. – Galatians 6:8.
17. Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. – Luke 6:38.
18. Then this shall be the sign for you: you will eat this year what grows of itself, in the second year what springs from the same, and in the third year sow, reap, plant vineyards and eat their fruit. – Isaiah 37:30.
19. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. – Galatians 6:9.
20. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. – Galatians 6:8.
Reap What You Sow Similar Quotes
These quotes have the same lessons attached to harvest and reap what you sow quotes.
21. Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger. – Mary Browne.
22. What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action. – Meister Eckhart.
24. If we’re going to bring out the best in people, we, too, need to sow seeds of encouragement. – Joel Osteen.
25. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson.
26. Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds, and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy. – Grant M. Bright.
27. You must give to get, You must sow the seed before you can reap the harvest. – Scott Reed.
28. There’s a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which. – Gary Ryan Blair.
29. If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters. – Charles F. Haanel.
30. With every deed, you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see. – Ella Wheeler Wilcox.
As You Sow So Shall You Reap Quotes
These are some quotes that will encourage you to do the right things in your life.
31. When men sow the wind it is rational to expect that they will reap the whirlwind. – Frederick Douglass.
32. If you want to rear financial blessings, you have to sow financially. – Joel Osteen.
33. Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness. – Lois L Kaufman.
34. To reap a return in ten years, plant trees. To reap a return in 100, cultivate the people. – Ho Chi Minh.
35. Whatever it is you want, plant it, sow it, give it, and it shall be given unto you. – Adrian Rogers.
36. Love is not something you sow and reap instantly, you have to watch it grow and become stronger. – Blaze Olamiday.
37. Good intentions are at least, the seed of good actions. – William Temple Sr.
38. If you sow seeds of dishonor, unfaithfulness, dishonesty today you will reap the same tomorrow. – Anurag Prakash Ray.
39. Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown. – Soren Kierkegaard.
40. There would be no advantage to be gained by sowing a field of wheat if the harvest did not return more than was sown. – Napoleon Hill.
41. Turned my sorrow into treasured gold, you pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow. – Adele.
Other What You Sow Is What You Reap Quotes
Everything you do, everything you say, every choice you make, sooner or later comes back around. – Iyanla Vanzant
If you want to change then make changes if you want to be treated well then treat others well if you want to be loved then love others. Don’t expect to get something when you aren’t doing it yourself. Too many people expect perfection from others yet fail to give out what they expect. – Anonymous
Life is like a garden, you reap what you sow. – Paulo Coelho
We reap what we sow. Choose what you nourish carefully. – Anonymous
Radiate and give love, and love comes back to you. – Anonymous
As a man sow, shall he reap. – Bob Marley
In this earth, in this soil, in this pure field let’s not plant any seed other than seeds of compassion and love. – Rumi
The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. – James Allen
As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment. – Joseph Murphy
Whatever you do today is directly proportional to what will happen to you tomorrow. So sow what you reap. – Anonymous
Cultivate your craft. Water it daily, pour some tender loving care into it, and watch it grow. Remember that a plant doesn’t sprout immediately. Be patient, and know that in life you will reap what you sow. – J.B. McGee
Speaking a painful truth should be done only in love – like wielding a sword with no hilt – it should pain oneself in direct proportion to the amount of force exerted. – Criss Jami, Healology
Be kind. We never know what people are going through. Give grace and mercy because one day your circumstance could change and you may need it. – Germany Kent
Because it is written that you reap what you sow, and the boy had sown good corn. – Hans Fallada, Every Man Dies Alone
Keep expecting and believing that your due season is coming. Declare that the good you have harvested in your life will manifest. – Germany Kent
People who do that sort of thing may reap what they sow, but they also destroy the harvest of those who are around them. – Alexander McCall Smith, The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine
Success doesn’t come with ease. As a matter of fact, the darkest lie you may have been told is that you will reap in abundance when you have sowed nothing. It is a big lie! – Israelmore Ayivor, Become a Better You
Wait long enough and you reap what you sow. That holds for men. That holds for towns. That hold for a whole country. – Lalita Tademy, Red River
Great outcomes come with countless amounts of income of investments and losses. – Goitsemang Mvula
It’s is not surprising news that manna should fall from heaven in these days. But this manna will fall for those who cultivated manna farms on the clouds above! He who sows will reap; isn’t it? – Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
Your religious book(s) mentioned the power of mind thousands of years ago so WHY do you have to wait until the science proves it in the 21st century? Let others wait to realize/prove the facts, not you. – Maddy Malhotra, How to Build Self-Esteem and Be Confident: Overcome Fears, Break Habits, Be Successful and Happy
You reap what you sow. It’s time to get sowing.
You reap in sales what you sow with marketing.
Do good and good will follow you.
You sow tears before you reap joy…
If you don’t sow, you don’t reap. – Jim Rohn
Make others happy and you will be happy. – Dalai Lama
If you do not sow in the spring you will not reap in the autumn.
You always reap what you sow; there is no shortcut. – Stephen Covey
You reap what you sow. Whatever you need more of in life, give it away.
As you sow, so you reap. Virtue gives you happiness. Vice gives you pain.
What you sow, you reap. It’s law of nature. – Bob Proctor
The person who sows generously will also reap generously.
Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
What you sow into the lives of others is the harvest you will reap tomorrow.
Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you.
Every tree, every growing thing as it grows, says this truth…You harvest what you sow.
Bloom where you are planted and sow where you are fed…. – Stella Payton
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.
Positive actions today will make your tomorrow the future that you are dreaming about.
The seeds of kindness that you plant today, will one day bloom in the hearts of all that you touch.
My hubby calls it karma, I call it sowing and reaping as does the Bible! Either way this is true!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers. Or you can grow weeds.
Your goals and dreams will never happen if you don’t sow labor into time. – Brenda Johnson Padgitt
Good or bad you will always reap. What you sow you will always harvest, the consequences of your choices. – Randy Alcorn
You reap what you sow. You become whatever you continually think and do. What future self will you sow today? – Anonymous
When you trust yourself, you sow the seeds of fear into the hearts of your enemies! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
A leader who sows confidence will reap excellency and legacy. A leader who sows fear will reap stagnancy or complacency. – Israelmore Ayivor
Sow the seeds of hard work and you will reap the fruits of success. Find something to do, do it with all your concentration. You will excel. – Israelmore Ayivor
Try your best… Do your best… Sow the best and reap the best! The best is right in you… Don’t hide it and give out the worst. We are looking right up to you! – Israelmore Ayivor
When God opens the windows of heaven for rain to flow, those who will enjoy are those who sow! Don’t misuse the blessings of God…. Get a seed today to grow. – Israelmore Ayivor
Be a reflection of what you’d like to see in others. If you want love, give love, if you want honesty, give honesty, if you want respect, give respect. You get in return, what you give. – Anonymous
What you sow into your relationship is what you will reap. Therefore don’t sow what you don’t want to reap rather sow what you will love to reap: sow a seed of love today. – Douglas Vincent
Your brain is your garden, what you sow is what you will reap. Seed it with hope, positive energy, good manners, and creativity. Irrigate it with faith, hard work, and good company. – Zeyad Massry
Hold tight the gift seeds in thy palms. Sow them all when the time is right. By God’s wisdom they’ll grow, not by thy might. And you shall reap them all before its night! Live life so well. – Israelmore Ayivor
You can only reap what you sow. Sometimes you only reap a lesson, not a reward. But you take that with you and keep it for the rest of your life. Sow the best you can with love, honesty, trust, and effort. It won’t always pan out but when it does, it will make everything, even the struggles, worthwhile. – Doe Zantamata
Time & Karma: When a bird is alive…it eats ants. When the bird has died…ants eat it. One tree can be made into a million matchsticks… but only one matchstick is needed to burn a million trees! Circumstances can change at any time… Don’t devalue or hurt anyone in this life… You may be powerful today but time is more powerful than you!
You’re frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds. – Steve Maraboli
Remember, what you do now will come back to you in the future. Life has a funny way of making you deal with what you make others go through.
Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you. – Zig Ziglar
God wants to use you to make other people happy. And the happier you make others, the happier you will be because you reap what you sow. – Joyce Meyer
Words are seeds they do more than blow around. They land in our hearts and not the ground. Be careful what you plant and careful what you say. You might have to eat what you planted one day.
Life will let you get away with something for a while, but sooner or later, you will pay the price. Everything you do in life causes the effects that you experience. When you get the bill, be prepared to pay. – Iyanla Vanzant
If you want change then make changes, if you want to be treated well then treat others well, if you want to be loved than love others. Don’t expect to get something when you aren’t doing it yourself. Too many people expect perfection from others yet fail to give out what they expect. – Anonymous
If you want kindness, be kind. If you want friends, be friendly. If you want help, be helpful. If you want love, be loving. If you want respect, respect yourself. You will most often get more of the things that matter in life by giving them first than you ever will by trying desperately to get them or asking for them. – Zero Dean
There’s a season for sowing, a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which. – Gary Ryan Blair
Good intentions are, at least, the seed of good actions.- William Temple Sr
What you sow, you reap. It’s the law of nature. – Bob Proctor
We will reap what we sow. When you do good for other people, that’s when God is going to make sure that his abundant blessings overtake you. – Joel Osteen
You reap what you sow, not something else, but that. An act of love makes the soul more loving. A deed of humbleness deepens humbleness. The thing reaped is the very thing sown, multiplied a hundred fold. You have sown a seed of life, you reap life everlasting. – Frederick William Robertson
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. – Luke 6:38.
Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy. – Grant M. Bright
What does “you reap what you sow” mean?
It means that the actions or choices we make will determine the outcome or result we receive in the future.
Who said “you reap what you sow”?
The origin of this phrase is uncertain, but it is commonly attributed to the Bible, particularly the book of Galatians, Chapter 6, Verse 7.
What is the significance of “you reap what you sow”?
The phrase serves as a reminder that our actions have consequences and that we are responsible for the outcomes we experience in life.
Are these quotes from a religious or cultural origin?
Some of these quotes may have religious or cultural origins, but they have become widely recognized and used in various contexts.
Do these quotes apply to both positive and negative actions?
Yes, the principle applies to both positive and negative actions, and the outcome we receive will depend on the type of actions we have taken.
Are these quotes always true?
These quotes are general principles and not always a guarantee, as there may be external factors that can impact the outcome. However, they serve as a useful reminder to consider the consequences of our actions.
In conclusion, “You Reap What You Sow” is a well-known phrase that reminds us of the principle that our actions have consequences and that we are responsible for the outcomes we experience in life. The quote serves as a valuable reminder to consider the impact of our actions, whether positive or negative, on the future.
It is a general principle and not always a guarantee, as external factors can play a role in the outcome, but it remains a useful tool for reflecting on the choices we make and their potential impact.
Watch more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VkMlfN9E3M