We’ve all heard that we should read to our children and expose them to literature early. Reading is a crucial skill to have to study more effectively in the future. However, we all have the difficulty of choosing which book to read. It would help if you also considered what you would put in it. Is a quotation, a personal remark, or something else appropriate? Don’t worry if you’re stumped for What To Write In Baby Books; I’ve got some fantastic suggestions for you. Continue reading!
What To Write In Baby Books?
Books are the best baby shower gift, and it’s not surprising why. This gift is ideal for the mother and baby and can be sent anywhere in the world. Books can also make great gifts.
It shows you care about the mother-to-be by buying one. A well-thought-out quotation is the best way to bring smiles to everyone’s faces. There are many great quotes to choose from. These are some of my favorite.
1. “Remember baby, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.”
2. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” ― Anonymous
3. “A new baby, a new life, and new beginning.”
4. “These are going to be the most magical and memorable moments of your life.” ― Anonymous
5. “Motherhood is messy and challenging, but still, it is the most beautiful thing in the world, and I am glad that you are going to experience it soon.”
6. “It is a moment of pure ecstasy and satisfaction when you see a smile flicker on baby’s lips, just as they gently pass into a deep slumber.”
Baby Shower Quotes by Famous People
7. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” — Elizabeth Stone
8. “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” ― Hodding Carter Jr.
9. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
10. “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” — Vincent Van Gogh
11. “All those cliches, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood—all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” — Penelope Cruz
12. “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
13. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
14. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” ― Eda J. Le Shan
15. “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.” ― Barretto
16. “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” — Debasish Mridha
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: Personal Message for the Mommy
If you are invited to a baby shower for a friend or family member, it is a great way to show your support and love by sending a personal message from your heart.
The truth is that writing a meaningful message for mommy-to-be that she can treasure for the rest of her life will be more important than the book.
Here are some ideas for personal messages if you need some inspiration. You can add your magic to these messages if you wish!
Sweet Messages to Baby Shower Book
- “Being a parent is the highest paid job in the world since the payment is in pure love. Congratulations to two of the best parents the world could ever hope for!”
- “Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses and so much more. Congratulations on your tiny little teacher.”
- “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. Congratulations to my best friend and a wonderful future mommy.”
- “Thank you for having a baby I can cuddle, spoil, and love. Remember, you can always count on me to be by your side whether the times are happy or tough.”
- “A mother-to-be has wonderful dreams of her child’s future. Such beautiful plans and love that never ends.”
- “The unconditional love that you will feel will be with you from the moment you set eyes on your little one.”
- “No one can totally prepare you for being a mother, but you’ll learn everything you need to know at just the right times.”
- “As soon as your baby arrives, you will forget all the pain and your heart will be filled with abundant love. Cherish all such rare moments with your little one.”
- Little booties, baby toys, little smiles, baby joys. I can’t wait to meet you!
- Better get ready to be showered with love and attention!
- A tiny person can take up so much space in our hearts.
- May you always look for secret beauty.
- May you live with strength and courage. With all our love to surround you, you’ll never be alone.
- Of all the precious gifts in life, the best is surely you.
- A child fills a special place in your heart. A place you never knew was empty.
- The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in your heart.
- You’ll never know how much your parents loved you, until you hold your child for the very first time.
- Adventure is about to begin!
- Here’s to new life, new adventures, and many firsts!
- I can’t wait to watch you grow.
- It means so much to be here to welcome a precious new life.
- They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I’m so proud to be a part of your village.
- I’ll always be here for you no matter what!
- Welcoming you to endless love!
- Welcome to the world little one! So excited you’re here.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: Adorable Messages for the Baby
A cute message to the baby is another great idea. Most parents love to go back and look at their baby shower gifts after the baby has arrived. They also enjoy reading the inscriptions. It will be especially touching for the parents to see your message to the baby.
Use the traits you most admire in your parents to help you write a sweet message. These are great examples to help you get started.
- “I hope you grow to be kind and helpful. I hope you respect everyone and I hope you never forget what your parents teach you. They’re some smart cookies.”
- “I just want to tell you how lucky you are to have such amazing parents. I hope you have your mama’s smile. You know, the one that can light up any room she walks into. I can’t wait to meet you soon little one, you should see how excited your parents are.
- “I hope that you sleep early and long. Praying you aren’t afraid to show you feelings and that you get a sense of humor just like your dad’s.”
- “Welcome, little one! I can’t wait to get to know you and watch you grow up alongside the wonderful family you’ve been brought into.”
- “Your tiny hands and feet took your parent’s breath away. I hope you grow up to be as loving as your mommy and as outgoing as your daddy. They’re the sweetest people I know, so I believe you’re going to be an exceptional little girl/boy.”
- “Your mommy is not only my sister but also my best friend. That’s how I know I’m going to have a great time getting to know you my dear sweet niece/nephew.”
Funny Things to Put in Baby Shower Books
Sometimes, it can be tricky to go down the funny route. It’s better to include something sweet with a joke. These are just a few examples. You will know how they go. You can always choose to be safe and write cute messages in a baby shower book.
- Babies are like math: They’re an addition to the family, they subtract your time for sleeping, and they divide your patience in half! Good thing they multiply your ability to love!
- Don’t worry, after the first 18 years it gets easier.
- Little hands, little feet and a lot of trouble!
- Sleep is overrated. Luckily, babies are not!
- So many exciting changes to come…Most will be sweet, but some will require multiple baby wipes and a whole new outfit.
- Some call them little bundles of joy… they’re also little bundles of trouble! Good thing they’re little bundles of love too.
- When you are choosing a name, don’t forget the names of the important people… like me!
Things for Family Members to Write in a Baby Shower Book
It’s a great idea to include something personal if you are a family member welcoming a child into your household. This list can also be useful for those who are close friends with the couple.
- Welcome to the latest addition to the family football team!
- I hope that you get a sense of humor just like your dad’s (and hopefully not his hairline)
- I hope you never forget what your parents teach you. They’re some smart cookies.
- I hope you grow up to be as caring as your mommy and as outgoing as your daddy.
- Your mommy/daddy is not only my sister/brother but also my best friend. That’s how I know I’m going to have an amazing niece/nephew.
Baby Shower Book Messages to Mom/Parents
Although the baby shower book’s main purpose is to give a gift for the child (or a gift for them), some people choose to honor Mom with their inscriptions. Here are some messages that will make new parents smile.
- Congratulations! You are going to make wonderful parents!
- A mom-to-be has wonderful dreams for her child’s future, and love that never ends.
- Babies make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balances smaller, homes happier, and the future worth living for.
- Being a parent is the highest paid job in the world as the payment is pure love.
- Congratulations on adding a new member to the family!
- Enjoy every moment on your journey as parents, because time flies by!
- Motherhood is messy and challenging, but it’s the most beautiful thing in the world!
- No one can totally prepare you for being a mother/father, but you’ll learn everything you need to know at just the right times.
- Get ready to feel a love like you’ve never felt before.
- Your world is about to change…and it’s going to be awesome!
- The sweetest part of your life is about to begin, you’re going to be amazing!
Messages to Write in Baby Shower Books for Twins/Multiples
A special message is needed for a mother-to-be who has multiple children. You can adapt many of the above for triplets, quads, and quints.
- A double-dose of baby love! What could be cuter?
- Can’t wait to help with counting all of those fingers and toes.
- Double-cuteness runs in our family!
- They say all good things come in threes!
- Here comes double trouble!
- If there’s anything more special than a new baby, it’s two babies!
- Twins mean double the kisses, double the fun, and double the joy for everyone.
- There are many reasons to smile, you just got two more!
- Some miracles come in pairs.
Messages to Write in a Baby Shower Books for a Baby Girl
Gender reveal has been all the rage recently, but there has been a rise in the number of couples who are revealing the gender of their baby to the world. The following could be helpful if you know that they are expecting a girl.
- Never forget Shakespeare’s words ‘Though she be but little, she is fierce!’
- A beautiful little girl to play with and adore, who could ask for anything more!
- A bundle of joy is coming, all wrapped in pink. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Booties, bonnets, ribbons, lace, and little pink toys all over the place.
- One minute you’re dressing her in pink with bows, the next you’re fastening her bridal gown. Enjoy all the little moments – they grow so fast!
- Sugar, spice and all things nice. We can’t wait to see what you grow into!
- We can’t wait to spoil you, little princess.
- We’re tickled pink to meet you.
- You will be beautiful, smart and happy—just like your mother!
Messages to Write in a Baby Shower Books for a Baby Boy
These examples will help you write if the happy couple has revealed that they are having a boy.
- Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, a precious little boy is on the way!
- Can’t wait to see the wonderful man you’ll become!
- Get ready for toy cars in all shapes and sizes, for balls and bats, and all sorts of surprises.
- If he’s anything like his father, he’ll be a handsome baby boy!
- Oh boy! We can’t wait to meet you.
- This little guy is already blessed with amazing parents. We can’t wait to see him turn into a wonderful man like his father.
- This little prince has no idea how spoiled he’s about to be!
- We hope you have your mom’s smile and your dad’s humor. Lots of love little man.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Book: A Few Additional Tips
After you have chosen the right message or quote to include in your baby shower book, there are a few things you should consider. First, consider where you want to place the inscription. Since it is usually blank, I prefer to write my message on page one of the book. This way, my parents can see what I wrote right away when they open the book.
You can put your inscription on the cover of the book, as some books include illustrations. Before you begin writing, make sure you check your text for errors. Even the smallest error can be annoying and cause you to stop writing. You can either check the text using free services like the Hemingway app or order it from scratch at WritemyEssays.
A permanent marker is recommended because the ink can fade or run over time. Choose a brightly colored marker that matches the book artwork.
Remember to wrap your book in a personalized gift box. You have the option to include a gift for mom or to add a card with a personalized message to the wrapper. That’s up to you.
Best Baby Shower Books
Here are my top picks for baby shower books.
- The House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson, illustrated by Beth Krommes
- Piggies by Audrey Wood, illustrated by Don Wood
- “More More More,” Said the Baby by Vera B. Williams
- All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep by Crescent Dragonwagon, illustrated by David McPhail
- Someday by Alison McGhee, illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
- Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey by Emily Winfield Martin
- Littles: And How They Grow by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by AG Ford
The best gifts come from our hearts. It is important to take the time to pick a book to write a personal message inside. This will show parents how much you care and support them. I hope you found my suggestions for writing in a baby shower book helpful.