It’s normal to be worried about the loss of memories when someone you love dies. It can be helpful to find tangible ways to pay tribute to them. Giving them the best quotes is one of the best ways to pay tribute. We have compiled the Best Quotes About Remembering Someone Who Died to help you pay tribute to your loved one. It’s easy to feel empty when someone you love dies.
We pray and hope that these inspiring quotes will help you find the right words for a funeral, inscription, sympathy message, or any other situation. We wish you comfort and encouragement during times of sorrow and great grief.
Best Quotes About Remembering Someone Who Died
Love and Memory Quotes
These “in loving memory” beloved quotes can be used in a eulogy or inscription. You can share any quote with your family and friends on social media or in the funeral service.
Here are the top 10 In Loving Memory Quotes:
- Sympathy cards
You can use each of these quotes for different purposes. For example, you could use the same Mom quotes for Dad or Grandpa or a dear friend. You get the idea.
These lists may prove helpful as you try to remember someone you love.
Top 10 In Loving Memory Quotes for a Eulogy
These are great quotes to use in a loved one’s eulogy. Each quote conveys a deep well of meaning in a matter of words. These sayings may be a good idea to use in your eulogy. Learn more about how to write a eulogy.
- Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. – Thomas Campbell
- As is a tale, so is life: Not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. – Seneca
- God will wipe away every tear from their eyes,
and death shall be no more,
neither shall there be mourning, nor crying,
nor pain anymore,
for the former things have passed away. – Revelation 21:4
- Well done, good and faithful servant.
You have been faithful over a little;
I will set you over much.
Enter into the joy of your master. – Matthew 25:21
- No one spread more love in one lifetime.
- The song is ended but the melody lingers on. – Irving Berlin
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
- May you touch
Dragonflies and stars,
Dance with fairies,
And talk to the moon.
- To live is Christ and to die is gain. – Philippians 1:21
Top 10 In Loving Memory Quotes for an Inscription
You will engrave a memorial plaque, grave marker, funeral, or grave marker with the name of your loved one. These In Loving Memory quotes can be concise and to the point. These quotes are perfect for an epitaph or inscription.
- Always in our hearts
- Always on my mind, forever in my heart
- You’ll be with me forever
- Gone yet not forgotten
- May the winds of heaven blow softly and whisper in your ear
How much we love and miss you and wish that you were here
- You may be gone from my sight but you are never gone from my heart
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
Love leaves a memory no one can steal
- Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure
You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure
- I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you again in heaven
- The best is yet to come.
Top 10 In Loving Memory Quotes for a Sympathy Card
Here are ten of the most popular quotes that we love to use in sympathy cards. You can adjust them to suit your needs. For many more ideas, see the link below.
- Those who touch our lives stay in our hearts forever
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. – Matthew 5:4
- How lucky you are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. – Washington Irving
- When words are most empty, tears are most apt. – Max Lucado
- The sun has set on an amazing life.
- We are sharing in your sadness as you remember [name].
- It was a gift to know [name].
- Words cannot express the sorrow and sadness we feel at the loss of your [parent, spouse, etc], [name]. Please accept our condolences and know that we are thinking of you.
- The comfort of having a friend may be taken away but not that of having had one. – Seneca
Top 10 Memorial Quotes for Mom
- What we once have enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us. – Helen Keller
- Wherever a beautiful soul has been there is a trail of beautiful memories. – Ronald Reagan
- It’s hard to forget someone who gave me so much to remember.
- I love you. Nothing, and nobody, not even time, will change that.
- I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little bit more every day.
- She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings. – Ariana Dancu
- She asked for so little, but gave so very much.
- She loved life and it loved her right back.
- A silent thought, a secret tear,
Keeps your memory ever dear.
Time eases the edge of grief,
Memory turns back every leaf.
- Tonight I’ll fall asleep with you in my heart.
Top 10 Memorial Quotes for Dad
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
- The love in our family flows strong and deep
Leaving us memories to treasure and keep
- He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much. – Bessie Anderson Stanley
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
- He asked for so little, but gave so very much.
- You live on in the hearts and minds
Of the loving family you left behind
- Memory is a lovely lane,
Where hearts are ever true,
A lane I so often travel down,
Because it leads to you.
- You have no idea the amount of happiness you brought into my life.
- He loved and was loved.
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
Fathers can have a profound impact on their children. A father who is a good example of what it means to be a good father is truly a blessing and uplifting. We have selected our top dad remembrance quotes.
Watch more about How to Deal With Loss or Grief of Loved Ones
What to say in memory of someone who has died?
May your loving memories bring you strength, peace, and comfort today and forever. We are praying for your loved one, “name of deceased,” and keeping you in our thoughts. Our deepest sympathies. We send our deepest sympathy. May your lost memories bring you comfort.
How do you write rest in peace message?
Rest in Peace Messages
My family is with you; my loved ones are with yours. May (Name of deceased) Rest in Peace. Be strong for her soul’s peace. May their soul rest in peace. I pray to the Almighty that her soul rests in peace and that you remain calm.
Should I write down memories?
Because storytelling strengthens your memory.
Writing down information helps us remember them better and make it easier to recall the details. You’ll remember things more quickly if you have more details to tie them together.