As you know, Amazon has been in the news lately for its recent acquisition of a company called Goodreads. This excellent service allows users to discover and share books they love with friends and other readers.
Do you want to learn How To Put Books On Kindle Paperwhite? In this article, Penn Book will be going over the steps to place books on Kindle Paperwhite. We will show you how simple it can be! Let’s get started!
Why You Should Be Reading Free Kindle eBooks?
If there is someone who loves to read, you should know that there are lots of printed materials they can already have. However, the fact that technology has taken over everything around us means we cannot ignore this kind of advancement in technology.
What do you think about e-readers? Some people are having a problem deciding whether they should get it or not. If you have already heard about Kindle, there is nothing for you to worry about because this article will provide a rundown on How To Put Free Ebooks On Your Amazon Kindle.
Discovering the marvel of technology means that we now have an alternative way of reading books. It is like having a virtual library, which is why people are interested in e-readers as they offer value for money.
This kind of technology has been around for years, so you can’t say that it is still new to you. What if you will make use of this beautiful device to get free ebooks? You can download those free ebooks and read them anytime you want.
It is not impossible to get some good stuff on Amazon Kindle, especially if you have an Amazon account. With that account, you will already be able to browse the available collections of books. It’s just like an actual library wherein there are different sections for different kinds of books, and it’s just that you will be able to read those books anytime and anywhere.
If what you want is a free book, then it’s not at all hard to do. There are many websites out there where you can get your hands on the newest ebooks. And yes, they have been made available for free!
How to Put Free eBooks on Your Amazon Kindle?
There are many sites out there that offer free ebooks, and you can take advantage of them. One way is by downloading them from the internet. However, if you do not have a good connection, this option will be useless. So, another alternative is through Amazon.
This will make it easy for you to get the ebooks that you want. If you are an avid reader, it will be exciting to discover how readers can find books they like online.
Find Your Kindle Email
The first thing you need to know for getting the free ebooks on your Amazon Kindle is that you have to find your Kindle email. Kindle users use all the emails with the .com extension, so it’s a good idea to look for yours. Well, there are several ways of finding this out. It can either be from amazon.com, or you can go directly to their Customer Service for assistance.
Choose Your E-Book Format
The next thing that you have to do is pick the ebook format that you prefer. You will have three choices, and they are Mobi, PDF, or EPUB. The Mobi format is commonly used if you use Amazon Kindle. It’s just like a text document so.
It is easier for you to read on this device. On the other hand, EPUB and PDF are also good if you have the right equipment to read those books. You can convert some of these files depending on your preference.
You should be able to know that Mobi format is the file type used for Amazon Kindle. If you want to send a Mobi file and not convert it, you can do so. But if you want a different file type, there’s no problem because you can quickly restore it into any other format. How about PDF? How do you convert it into Mobi format for Free?
If what you like is PDF, then the best thing you have to do is press Save As Mobi. In this way, your files will already be converted and saved in your Kindle library. How about EPUB? How can I keep it in Mobi format?
If you do not like Mobi or PDF, then EPUB will be your next option. How can I get free ebooks on my Amazon Kindle? The answer is simple because all you have to do is go to Convert Books, upload it there and select Mobi as the file type. How about other formats? How can I save it in Mobi format? Follow the same process but choose any file type that you want.
Can Kindle Books Be Transferred?
You’ve undoubtedly figured by now that you can move the Kindle books from one device to another based on the post’s content.
But you may access Kindle books in various ways, and you can have your books spread across many different devices. Knowing the proper procedure to employ while moving your Kindle books is crucial.
I developed a thorough tutorial on how to move Kindle books. This article breaks down many circumstances and the appropriate approach for each. Check it out since it will be helpful even in the future.
One thing to keep in mind is ensuring the new Kindle you purchase is registered to your account. The advantages of registering your equipment are many. Additionally, purchasing or transferring books from a registered device is more spartan.
The Kindle is automatically registered to the account used to buy it if you purchased it from Amazon.
Therefore, you may double-check that you switch accounts on your Kindle device and register it to the appropriate account if someone else purchased or gave the Kindle to you using their account.
Because you cannot move books from one Kindle account to another, this step will save you a ton of hassle in the future. Check out my tutorial on moving books from one Kindle account to another if you find yourself in a situation where you have many books that you have purchased across two or more Kindle accounts.
How Can I Move My Kindle Books to a New Kindle?
Let’s look at how to move books to your new Kindle tablet right now! You may move books to your new Kindle in a variety of ways.
Let’s examine each approach separately
Method 1 – Using Amazon Account Associated With Your Kindle Device
Of all the strategies given here, the first is perhaps the simplest. All you have to do is make sure your Kindle is linked to the appropriate Amazon account. For this approach to function, ensure the Kindle is connected to the internet.
Here is a list of everything you must do, in order:
Step 1: Link Your Amazon Account to Your Kindle
Verify that your Kindle is linked to your account if it isn’t already. To confirm, use the “Settings” menu. To accomplish so, choose the “3 vertical dots” in the top right corner of your screen, which is located next to the cart symbol. Then choose “Settings” from the dropdown menu by tapping on it.
A registered Kindle will display the account name in the “Your Account” section. If your device isn’t already registered, register the Kindle by following the instructions in my previous post.
Step 2 – Enable Whispersync on Your Kindle
Open the settings menu first.
After that, choose “Device Options” from the settings menu’s many choices. After that, touch “Advanced Options” to see whether “Whispersync for Books” is turned on.
Step 3: Access Amazon’s “Content Library”
The next step is to use a web browser on your computer to log into your Amazon account. Open your Amazon account’s “Content Library” after that. The list of all the books you’ve ever bought with your Amazon account will then appear.
Check whether you have picked the “content” option from the top if you can’t see the list of all the books. Additionally, ensure you’re signed in with the same Amazon account you use to read books.
Click the “Pick All” button to select each book. Alternately, choose out books one at a time. After choosing the books, you want to transfer to your new Kindle, pick “Deliver to Device” from the menu.
Step 4 – Send Books to Your New Kindle
Select your Kindle device from the list of all the devices displayed in the process’ final stage. Make sure you choose the new Kindle model from this list (I happened to deregister my old Kindle, so only one option is visible).
The books will then be sent to your new Kindle in a matter of minutes after you click “Make Changes”!
Method 2 – Transfer Books to New Kindle Using a USB Cable
The sole limitation of the prior approach is that your Kindle must be able to connect to the internet. If, however, that is not the case, this approach will still be practical for you.
The following approach entails utilizing a computer and a USB cord to transfer books to your new Kindle.
I wrote a thorough essay on this subject. I’ll thus go through the steps in this part. However, you should read my other post on how to convert books to Kindle using a computer in case you don’t grasp the stages or if you need visual assistance to understand the process better.
To transfer books to your new Kindle using a USB cord, follow these steps:
- Utilize the “Download and Transfer through USB” option to download the Kindle books to your PC.
- Utilize a USB cord to connect your Kindle to the computer.
- You may need to enter your device password on your Kindle if you’re using a Kindle Fire. Try it.
- Install the Android File Transfer utility app connecting a Kindle Fire to a Mac.
- Go to your computer’s “Kindle Drive” and open it. The same folder where you would find any other USB device (often under “My Computer”) contains the location of the Kindle drive.
- Open the “Documents” folder in the “Kindle Drive,” then move all the books there.
- Open “Internal Storage” on the Kindle Fire first. Then, find the “books” folder and move all of the books into it.
When all the books have been transferred to your device, right-click the “Kindle Drive” icon on your computer and choose “Eject.” By doing this, you may securely remove your Kindle without harming the storage drive.
Method 3 – Using Send-to-Kindle Email Address
The “Deliver-to-Kindle” email address is another way to send books to your new Kindle reader.
A fantastic function that lets you transfer books to your Kindle using an email address is the “Send-to-Kindle” email.
Once again, I’ve published a thorough post explaining how to locate your send-to-Kindle email address. I also cover how to use the send-to-Kindle email to send books to Kindle in the post. Read my other post for more details on the procedure, including images.
However, the few actions you must do are as follows:
- Add your email address to the list of accepted email addresses.
- Find your device’s “Send-to-Kindle” email address and write it down.
- Create a new email and include the recipient box with your Kindle email address.
- You may attach up to 25 books at once to a single email.
- Deliver the books
There are several reasons why the Send-to-Kindle feature could sometimes not function. Please read my other post if the Send-to-Kindle email function is not functioning.
Books bought elsewhere may likewise be sent using this approach. The fact that you can only mail 25 books at a time is the sole limitation of this approach. As a result, transferring all of your books to your new device may take some time if you have an extensive collection of books.
Where Do My Ebooks Show Up?
Now, you’re probably wondering what will happen to those ebooks after uploading them to your Kindle Library. This is where your problems are solved because all of them will be available on your Kindle device. How can I find all of my ebooks?
So Where Do I Get Free Ebooks?
Now that you know How To Put Books On Kindle Paperwhite, where do you start looking for free ebooks? Well, there are lots of sites on the internet that offers these files. However, to get the best out of them, it’s better to list all the places that provide these files. The following are some of the popular ebook websites on the internet.
1. Project Gutenberg – This is one of the most popular ebook sources online and has lots of free ebooks in it. It has a list of more than 22,000 books that you can download for free. They have several formats, which include Mobi and PDF as well as ePUB or HTML.
2. Free Book Star – Do you want to discover hundreds of public domain works from leading authors? Then this is the site that you should visit. You have to pay attention because it is straightforward to download the books in PDF files which are not free.
3. ManyBooks – This is one of the popular ebook sites today and has a vast collection of famous classic novels. It includes favorite authors like Isaac Asimov, Arthur Conan Doyle, Alexandr Dumas, and Jane Austen.
4. BookYards – This is the site of many free ebooks, which you can download online for free. They offer a wide range of books that will suit your needs, educational or primary reading material for recreational purposes. There’s also no need for you to bother paying any money to download those files.
5. FeedBooks – This is another popular ebook source on the internet today and has more than 3,000 free ebooks that you can download for free. They have Mobi or PDF file formats which are extremely easy to read on Kindle devices. The best thing about this site is that you can easily find the ebooks that you want in their web directory.
6. Ebooks Directory – This is another excellent ebook site online today where you have access to free and quality ebooks for all your reading needs. They have more than 3,000 free books, which you can easily download and read it any of the devices that support an ebook reader.
7. eBooks Directory – If you like reading novels, then this is the site that you need to visit because it has up to 2,000 free ebooks in Mobi or PDF format. Reading them on Kindle will be very easy and enjoyable, especially if you love reading a classic or fantasy novels.
8. All books Free – All books Free is a viral site today and has more than 11,000 free ebooks. They have Mobi or PDF format, which is easy to read on Kindle devices. You also have the option to subscribe for a monthly or yearly fee and get access to approx 20 new books every day.
9. Ozark Literacy Council – This is a project of the Ozark Literacy Council that offers books in ePub format. The great thing about this site is that they have over 590 free eBooks for you to download and read. They are mainly focused on literacy issues and improving reading among children and adults.
10. Feedbooks – This is another excellent site where you can find thousands of popular classic novels for free. You have to register at the site and start accessing those ebooks they offer in Mobi or PDF format. You can also buy their premium books, allowing you to get access to more than 14,000 books in over 60 different categories.
11. Many Books – This is an excellent free ebook site online today and has lots of free books for all your reading needs. It includes a wide range of colorful children’s book, textbooks, reference books, famous classic novels and hundreds more which you can download and read it either in the Kindle devices or in desktop computers.
12. Feedbooks – This is an excellent source for free ebooks that you can download and read on Kindle devices. It has thousands of popular classic novels which are ready to be downloaded for free. They also provide premium books, which have over 14,000 titles in over 60 different categories.
13. Free Book Spot – This is one of the top sources where you can find hundreds of free ebooks in Mobi or PDF format, which you can easily download and read on Kindle devices.
14. Educational Books – This is another web directory where you will find lots of educational books for all ages of students, whether in elementary, middle school, high school, or college. They provide ebooks that are rich in content and can be accessed in Mobi or PDF format.
15. Free Book Sifter – This is an excellent resource where you can find available books for free download, which you can read on Kindle devices. The ebooks are mainly focused on Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, and Biographies.
How to preserve your Kindle’s battery life?
When you aren’t connected to the internet, turn on Airplane Mode. This will help save battery. To turn it on or off, tap the Gear icon and then tap on the Airplane icon.
To adjust the brightness, tap the Gear icon and slide the light bar forward and back. Here you can also view your battery percentage.
How to adjust the font size on your Kindle?
Tap on the upper portion of your screen while you are reading. Menus will appear. Tap on the Aa symbol to choose the font style or size that you prefer.
In conclusion, putting books on your Kindle Paperwhite is a simple process that only requires a few steps. Once you have your books in the correct format, you can just drag and drop them into the appropriate folder on your Kindle. Thanks for reading!