Do you have a Kindle, iPad, or iPhone? If so, then you might be wondering how to delete books from iBooks on your device. It’s not as hard as it may seem and in this blog post, we’ll show you step by step instructions for deleting all the books at once. You can also get help with deleting individual books when needed. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Delete Books From iBooks?
- 2 How To Delete Books, Audiobooks, Or Pdfs From Your Mac?
- 3 How To Hide Books In The Books App On A Mac?
- 4 How to Unhide Books in the Books app on a Mac?
- 5 FAQs
How To Delete Books From iBooks?
Downloaded books can be deleted from the Apple Books app. Audiobooks can also be deleted from the Settings app.
From the Apple Books app
- Tap Library to locate the item. Open the series first if the item is part.
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the item that you wish to delete, then tap the Trash icon trash icon
- Select Remove Download to remove the item from your device. If the item is a PDF or was not purchased from the Book Store, you can tap Delete All to remove it from your Library.
The download button is located next to an item. It’s stored in the cloud and cannot be downloaded to your device. You can hide the item if you don’t wish it to be visible in the cloud. Hide the item to remove it from your device.
However, you can still access it by tapping the sign-in button sign-in button or clicking your photo at the top of the screen and then Manage Hidden Purchases.
Turn off sync if you used a USB cable and your computer to manually sync audiobooks and books to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
From the Settings app
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General and then tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Could you scroll down to Books and then tap it?
- Tap Delete and swipe left on any audiobook downloaded.
How To Delete Books, Audiobooks, Or Pdfs From Your Mac?
- Click Library in the top window and then click All Books in the sidebar.
- Click on the item that you wish to delete. If the item is part of a series, open it first, then click it.
- Select Edit > Delete from your menu bar and then confirm when you are prompted.
The option to delete is not available if you click Edit.
How To Hide Books In The Books App On A Mac?
You can hide your books or delete them if you prefer.
- In the Books app for Mac, click the Book Store tab at the top of the screen.
- You can select Featured from the sidebar to the left of the screen.
- In the Quick Links section, select Purchased. To continue, enter your Apple ID password.
- Find the book that you wish to hide, and then press the X at the corner. Click the confirmation button to confirm that you want the book hidden.
How to Unhide Books in the Books app on a Mac?
You can restore a book from your Library.
- *Select Store from the Books app menu bar and select View My Apple ID (from the drop down menu). Continue by entering your Apple ID information.
- Scroll down to the Downloads & Purchases section, and click Manage next to Hidden Purchases.
- Choose Unhide for each book that you wish to add to your Library. Once you’re done, click Back To Account > Done.
Will deleting iBooks delete my books?
If you bought the books via the iBooks Store, they would not be lost, but you will need to redownload them. To do this, open the iBooks app and tap the Store icon.
How do I clear the cache in iBooks?
Hold down the iBooks icon until it shakes. A red circle will appear with a white stripe. To clear the cache, tap on the circle.
Why is iBooks deleting my books?
iBooks has a problem: books can be deleted locally and uploaded to the cloud if there is not enough space. Another hack that iCloud can use to prevent books from being deleted is turning airplane mode.
What does clearing a cache do?
Chrome saves information from sites in its cache and cookies when you use it. Clearing these cookies fixes some problems like formatting or loading issues on websites.
- How To Buy Books On iBooks? Best Full Guide
- How To Download Audible Books On iPhone? Best Full Guide
- How To Download Free Books On iPhone? Best Full Guide