We all know that it is a big hit with young girls because Nancy is brave, bold, and adventurous. She is loyal, strong and will stand up for the things she believes in. Nancy broke the mold and allowed girls to have big dreams, even if they were not traditional, during the period these books were written.
How Many Nancy Drew Books Are There? Penn Book will be sharing all of the series with you in the article below.
How Many Nancy Drew Books Are There?
Over 533 articles have been published in nine series as of 2019.
Nancy Drew is a fictional character created to be the female counterpart of Edward Stratemeyer in the Hardy boys series. Her character made her debut in 1930. She has been published by many authors under the pseudonym Carolyn Keene.
Nancy Drew is a cultural icon. She is often cited as a strong influence by many distinguished women, including Laura Bush, Sonia Sotomayor, and Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor.
Nancy Drew, a high school graduate of 16 years old, is featured in the first versions of the series. Later versions of the series show her as an 18-year old detective and high school graduate.
Nancy Drew lives with Hannah Gruen, her housekeeper, and Carson Drew, her father. As a child, she lost her mother. This is reflected in her independence and early independence. She refers to her servant as a surrogate mother in the series. She also runs her household from the age of 10.
Nancy Drew is often described as a talented, beautiful, and well off supergirl. Bobby and Mason claim that Nancy Drew is as self-assured and impeccable as Miss America. She’s as smart as Mata’s hair and as sweet as Betty Crocker.
Nancy Drew is a well known novelist and icon. Her books have been translated into more than 45 languages and sold more than 80 million copies in total. Her character is seen in many merchandises and has been featured in three television series, five movies, and several computer games.
The Hidden Staircase
This was originally published in 1930. It was the sequel to the popular Nancy Drew series. It continues with the same characters and sets up a new adventure for the teenage detective. She will use her investigative skills as a guide. It sets the tone for the series and helps to define the style.
Nancy Drew, a curious girl who uses her deductive skills, can always find the bottom of any case. She is a hero for young girls, being renowned for her intelligence and insight.
This book is no exception. Even though some aspects of this first entry in the series are a bit outdated by modern standards, they still stand as classic examples of Nancy Drew doing what she does best.
The other characters she orbits and the various mysteries surrounding her are all there to assist her. Her classmates, her boyfriend, and other acquaintances all watch her as she works to solve all the mysteries and correct all the wrongs. Intrigue and suspense are waiting around every corner. She watches over everything as she moves about, leaving no stone unturned.
This book sets the tone for the series with its page turning suspense and setting the tone. It was a great way to launch the franchise. It offers a darkened mystery and small touches of horror while still being accessible to younger readers. This is the hallmark of the Nancy Drew series, which has been around for a long time and has become a well known institution.
Nancy Drew, a friend of Helen Corning, calls her to inquire about the hauntings of Twin Elms’ old stone mansion. She discovers that her father is under threat. She warns him when he returns home. He then tells her about another missing person. Nancy returns to the mansion to investigate what is happening and who is behind all these disappearances.
Will she be able to find the truth, or will it be too late? Nancy Drew faces her biggest challenge, putting her abilities to the test while discovering the hidden staircase. What will happen to Nancy Drew?
The Bungalow Mystery
This is the third installment in the series. It was published in 1930 as a follow up to the Nancy Drew mystery. The series’ authors are now much more confident in their style and tone. They were able to understand better the direction the series was heading in and where it was heading. Nancy Drew is now more well rounded and more realistic than ever.
She’s trying to help a friend again, and this time she’s drawn to an abandoned bungalow as she tries to help them while also getting out of their current situation.
She uses her wits as well as her courage to make it through, and she makes use of her skills to uncover the truth about what’s happening at the bungalow. Will she find the truth, or will it be too late for her to discover? What lies behind the mystery of the bungalow?
Nancy Drew Complete Booklist
The Original Text Books with 25 Chapters, 1930 to 1956
- The Secret of the Old Clock, 1930
- The Hidden Staircase, 1930
- The Bungalow Mystery, 1930
- The Mystery at Lilac Inn, 1930
- The Secret at Shadow Ranch, 1931
- The Secret of Red Gate Farm, 1931
- The Clue in the Diary, 1932
- Nancy’s Mysterious Letter, 1932
- The Sign of the Twisted Candles, 1933
- The Password to Larkspur Lane, 1933
- The Clue of the Broken Locket, 1934
- The Message in the Hollow Oak, 1935
- The Mystery of the Ivory Charm, 1936
- The Whispering Statue, 1937
- The Haunted Bridge, 1937
- The Clue of the Tapping Heels, 1939
- The Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk, 1940
- The Mystery at the Moss-Covered Mansion, 1941
- The Quest of the Missing Map, 1942
- The Clue in the Jewel Box, 1943
- The Secret in the Old Attic, 1944
- The Clue in the Crumbling Wall, 1945
- The Mystery of the Tolling Bell, 1946
- The Clue in the Old Album, 1947
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall, 1948
- The Clue of the Leaning Chimney, 1949
- The Secret of the Wooden Lady, 1950
- The Clue of the Black Keys, 1951
- The Mystery at the Ski Jump, 1952
- The Clue of the Velvet Mask, 1953
- The Ringmaster’s Secret, 1953
- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery, 1954
- The Witch Tree Symbol, 1955
- The Hidden Window Mystery, 1956
The Original 56 Titles with 20 Chapter Texts, 1959 to 1979
- The Secret of the Old Clock, 1959
- The Hidden Staircase, 1959
- The Bungalow Mystery, 1960
- The Mystery at Lilac Inn, 1961
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch, 1965
- The Secret of Red Gate Farm, 1961
- The Clue in the Diary, 1962
- Nancy’s Mysterious Letter, 1968
- The Sign of the Twisted Candles, 1968
- The Password to Larkspur Lane, 1966
- The Clue of the Broken Locket, 1965
- The Message in the Hollow Oak, 1972
- The Mystery of the Ivory Charm, 1974
- The Whispering Statue, 1970
- The Haunted Bridge, 1972
- The Clue of the Tapping Heels, 1969
- The Mystery of the Brass Bound Trunk, 1976
- Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion, 1971
- The Quest of the Missing Map, 1969
- The Clue in the Jewel Box, 1972
- The Secret in the Old Attic, 1970
- The Clue in the Crumbling Wall, 1973
- The Mystery of the Tolling Bell, 1973
- The Clue in the Old Album, 1977
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall, 1967
- The Clue of the Leaning Chimney, 1967
- The Secret of the Wooden Lady, 1967
- The Clue of the Black Keys, 1968
- The Mystery at the Ski Jump, 1968
- The Clue of the Velvet Mask, 1969
- The Ringmaster’s Secret, 1974
- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery, 1974
- The Witch Tree Symbol, 1975
- The Hidden Window Mystery, 1975
- The Haunted Showboat, 1957
- The Secret of the Golden Pavilion, 1959
- The Clue in the Old Stagecoach, 1960
- The Mystery of the Fire Dragon, 1961
- The Clue of the Dancing Puppet, 1962
- The Moonstone Castle Mystery, 1963
- The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes, 1964
- The Phantom of Pine Hill, 1965
- The Mystery of the 99 Steps, 1966
- The Clue in the Crossword Cipher, 1967
- The Spider Sapphire Mystery, 1968
- The Invisible Intruder, 1969
- The Mysterious Mannequin, 1970
- The Crooked Banister, 1971
- The Secret of Mirror Bay, 1972
- The Double Jinx Mystery, 1973
- Mystery of the Glowing Eye, 1974
- The Secret of the Forgotten City, 1975
- The Sky Phantom, 1976
- The Strange Message in the Parchment, 1977
- Mystery of Crocodile Island, 1978
- The Thirteenth Pearl, 1979
The Wanderer, Minstrel, and Aladdin Paperbacks, 1979 to 2003
- The Triple Hoax, 1979
- The Flying Saucer Mystery, 1980
- The Secret in the Old Lace, 1980
- The Greek Symbol Mystery, 1981
- The Swami’s Ring, 1981
- The Kachina Doll Mystery, 1981
- The Twin Dilemma, 1981
- Captive Witness, 1981
- Mystery of the Winged Lion, 1982
- Race Against Time, 1982
- The Sinister Omen, 1982
- The Elusive Heiress, 1982
- Clue in the Ancient Disguise, 1982
- The Broken Anchor, 1983
- The Silver Cobweb, 1983
- The Haunted Carousel, 1983
- Enemy Match, 1984
- The Mysterious Image, 1984
- The Emerald-Eyed Cat Mystery, 1984
- The Eskimo’s Secret, 1985
- The Bluebeard Room, 1985
- The Phantom of Venice, 1985
- The Double Horror of Fenley Place, 1987
- The Case of the Disappearing Diamonds, 1987
- The Mardi Gras Mystery, 1988
- The Clue in the Camera, 1988
- The Case of the Vanishing Veil, 1988
- The Joker’s Revenge, 1988
- The Secret of Shady Glen, 1988
- The Mystery of Misty Canyon, 1988
- The Case of the Rising Stars, 1989
- The Search for Cindy Austin, 1989
- The Case of the Disappearing Deejay, 1989
- The Puzzle at Pineview School, 1989
- The Girl Who Couldn’t Remember, 1989
- The Ghost of Craven Cove, 1989
- The Case of the Safecracker’s Secret, 1990
- The Picture-Perfect Mystery, 1990
- The Silent Suspect, 1990
- The Case of the Photo Finish, 1990
- The Mystery at Magnolia Mansion, 1990
- The Haunting of Horse Island, 1990
- The Secret at Seven Rocks, 1991
- A Secret in Time, 1991
- The Mystery of the Missing Millionairess, 1991
- The Secret in the Dark, 1991
- The Stranger in the Shadows, 1991
- The Mystery of the Jade Tiger, 1991
- The Clue in the Antique Trunk, 1992
- The Case of the Artful Crime, 1992
- The Legend of Miner’s Creek, 1992
- The Secret of the Tibetan Treasure, 1992
- The Mystery of the Masked Rider, 1992
- The Nutcracker Ballet Mystery, 1992
- The Secret at Solaire, 1993
- Crime in the Queen’s Court, 1993
- The Secret Lost at Sea, 1993
- The Search for the Silver Persian, 1993
- The Suspect in the Smoke, 1993
- The Case of the Twin Teddy Bears, 1993
- Mystery on the Menu, 1994
- Trouble at Lake Tahoe, 1994
- The Mystery of the Missing Mascot, 1994
- The Case of the Floating Crime, 1994
- The Fortune Teller’s Secret, 1994
- The Message in the Haunted Mansion, 1994
- The Clue on the Silver Screen, 1995
- The Secret of the Scarlet Hand, 1995
- The Teen Model Mystery, 1995
- The Riddle in the Rare Book, 1995
- The Case of the Dangerous Solution, 1995
- The Treasure in the Royal Tower, 1995
- The Baby-Sitter Burglaries, 1996
- The Sign of the Falcon, 1996
- The Hidden Inheritance, 1996
- The Fox Hunt Mystery, 1996
- The Mystery at the Crystal Palace, 1996
- The Secret of the Forgotten Cave, 1996
- The Riddle of the Ruby Gazelle, 1997
- The Wedding Day Mystery, 1997
- In Search of the Black Rose, 1997
- The Legend of the Lost Gold, 1997
- The Secret of Candlelight Inn, 1997
- The Door-to-Door Deception, 1997
- The Wild Cat Crime, 1998
- The Case of Capital Intrigue, 1998
- Mystery on Maui, 1998
- The E-mail Mystery, 1998
- The Missing Horse Mystery, 1998
- The Ghost of the Lantern Lady, 1998
- The Case of the Captured Queen, 1999
- On the Trail of Trouble, 1999
- The Clue of the Gold Doubloons, 1999
- Mystery at Moorsea Manor, 1999
- The Chocolate-Covered Contest, 1999
- The Key in the Satin Pocket, 2000
- Whispers in the Fog, 2000
- The Legend of the Emerald Lady, 2000
- The Mystery in Tornado Alley, 2000
- The Secret in the Stars, 2000
- The Music Festival Mystery, 2000
- The Curse of the Black Cat, 2001
- The Secret of the Fiery Chamber, 2001
- The Clue on the Crystal Dove, 2001
- Lost in the Everglades, 2001
- The Case of the Lost Song, 2001
- The Clues Challenge, 2001
- The Mystery of the Mother Wolf, 2002
- The Crime Lab Case, 2002
- The Case of the Creative Crime, 2002
- Mystery by Moonlight, 2002
- The Bike Tour Mystery, 2002
- The Mistletoe Mystery, 2002
- No Strings Attached, 2003
- Intrigue at the Grand Opera, 2003
- The Riding Club Crime, 2003
- Danger on the Great Lakes, 2003
- A Taste of Danger, 2003
- Werewolf in a Winter Wonderland, 2003
The Nancy Drew Files, 1986 to 1997
- Secrets Can Kill, 1986
- Deadly Intent, 1986
- Murder on Ice, 1986
- Smile and Say Murder, 1986
- Hit and Run Holiday, 1986
- White Water Terror, 1986
- Deadly Doubles, 1987
- Two Points to Murder, 1987
- False Moves, 1987
- Buried Secrets, 1987
- Heart of Danger, 1987
- Fatal Ransom, 1987
- Wings of Fear, 1987
- This Side of Evil, 1987
- Trial by Fire, 1987
- Never Say Die, 1987
- Stay Tuned for Danger, 1987
- Circle of Evil, 1987
- Sisters in Crime, 1988
- Very Deadly Yours, 1988
- Recipe for Murder, 1988
- Fatal Attraction, 1988
- Sinister Paradise, 1988
- Till Death Do Us Part, 1988
- Rich and Dangerous, 1988
- Playing with Fire, 1988
- Most Likely to Die, 1988
- The Black Widow, 1988
- Pure Poison, 1988
- Death by Design, 1988
- Trouble in Tahiti, 1989
- High Marks for Malice, 1989
- Danger in Disguise, 1989
- Vanishing Act, 1989
- Bad Medicine, 1989
- Over the Edge, 1989
- Last Dance, 1989
- The Final Scene, 1989
- The Suspect Next Door, 1989
- Shadow of a Doubt, 1989
- Something to Hide, 1989
- The Wrong Chemistry, 1989
- False Impressions, 1990
- Scent of Danger, 1990
- Out of Bounds, 1990
- Win, Place, or Die, 1990
- Flirting with Danger, 1990
- A Date with Deception, 1990
- Portrait in Crime, 1990
- Deep Secrets, 1990
- A Model Crime, 1990
- Danger for Hire, 1990
- Trail of Lies, 1990
- Cold as Ice, 1990
- Don’t Look Twice, 1991
- Make No Mistake, 1991
- Into Thin Air, 1991
- Hot Pursuit, 1991
- High Risk, 1991
- Poison Pen, 1991
- Sweet Revenge, 1991
- Easy Marks, 1991
- Mixed Signals, 1991
- The Wrong Track, 1991
- Final Notes, 1991
- Tall, Dark and Deadly, 1992
- Nobody’s Business, 1992
- Crosscurrents, 1992
- Running Scared, 1992
- Cutting Edge, 1992
- Hot Tracks, 1992
- Swiss Secrets, 1992
- Rendezvous in Rome, 1992
- Greek Odyssey, 1992
- A Talent for Murder, 1992
- The Perfect Plot, 1992
- Danger on Parade, 1992
- Update on Crime, 1992
- No Laughing Matter, 1993
- Power of Suggestion, 1993
- Making Waves, 1993
- Dangerous Relations, 1993
- Diamond Deceit, 1993
- Choosing Sides, 1993
- Sea of Suspicion, 1993
- Let’s Talk Terror, 1993
- Moving Target, 1993
- False Pretenses, 1993
- Designs in Crime, 1993
- Stage Fright, 1993
- If Looks Could Kill, 1994
- My Deadly Valentine, 1994
- Hotline to Danger, 1994
- Illusions of Evil, 1994
- An Instinct for Trouble, 1994
- The Runaway Bridge, 1994
- Squeeze Play, 1994
- Island of Secrets, 1994
- The Cheating Heart, 1994
- Dance Till You Die, 1994
- The Picture of Guilt, 1994
- Counterfeit Christmas, 1994
- Heart of Ice, 1995
- Kiss and Tell, 1995
- Stolen Affections, 1995
- Flying Too High, 1995
- Anything For Love, 1995
- Captive Heart, 1995
- Love Notes, 1995
- Hidden Meanings, 1995
- The Stolen Kiss, 1995
- For Love or Money, 1995
- Wicked Ways, 1996
- Rehearsing For Romance, 1996
- Running Into Trouble, 1996
- Under His Spell, 1996
- Skipping a Beat, 1996
- Betrayed by Love, 1996
- Against the Rules, 1997
- Dangerous Loves, 1997
- Natural Enemies, 1997
- Strange Memories, 1997
- Wicked for the Weekend, 1997
- Crime at the Chat Cafe, 1997
Nancy Drew, Girl Detective, 2004 to 2012
- Without a Trace, 2004
- A Race Against Time, 2004
- False Notes, 2004
- High Risk, 2004
- Lights, Camera, 2004
- Action!, 2004
- The Stolen Relic, 2004
- The Scarlet Macaw Scandal, 2004
- Secret of the Spa, 2005
- Uncivil Acts, 2005
- Riverboat Ruse, 2005
- Stop the Clock, 2005
- Trade Wind Danger, 2005
- Bad Times, Big Crimes, 2005
- Framed, 2006
- Dangerous Plays, 2006
- En Garde, 2006
- Pit of Vipers, 2006
- The Orchid Thief, 2006
- Getting Burned, 2006
- Close Encounters, 2007
- Dressed to Steal, 2007
- Troubled Waters, 2007
- Murder on the Set, 2007
- Trails of Treachery, 2007
- Fishing for Clues, 2007
- Intruder, 2007
- Mardi Gras Masquerade, 2008
- The Stolen Bones, 2008
- Pageant Perfect Crime, 2008
- Perfect Cover, 2008
- The Perfect Escape, 2008
- Secret Identity, 2008
- Identity Theft, 2009
- Identity Revealed, 2009
- Model Crime, 2009
- Model Menace, 2009
- Model Suspect, 2009
- Green-eyed Monster, 2009
- Green with Envy, 2010
- Seeing Green, 2010
- Secret Sabotage, 2010
- Serial Sabotage, 2010
- Sabotage Surrender, 2011
- California Schemin’, 2011
- Mystery at Malachite Mansion, 2012
- Stalk, Don’t Run, 2012
Best Nancy Drew Books
56. The Clue In The Old Album (#24)
Wow. This one has rampant racism AND an unforgettably ludicrous villain plot. I didn’t think a Nancy Drew book would make me want to hurl a cactus at someone, but here we are.
55. The Haunted Showboat (#35)
In addition to stealing all their black characters from Gone with the Wind, this book has terrible pacing.
54. The Mystery Of The Ivory Charm (#13)
What kind of racist Dickensian nonsense is this?
53. The Spider Sapphire Mystery (#45)
File this under Most Disappointing. An exciting start gives way to padding and so, so much racism.
52. The Secret Of The Forgotten City (#52)
This book deserves to be forgotten too. Sloppy sleuthing and sloppy editing combine into one mess of a mystery.
51. Nancy’s Mysterious Letter (#8)
This one’s dull enough to get distracted by Ned’s football game three-quarters of the way through.
50. The Strange Message In The Parchment (#54)
Nancy, stop kidnapping children and go get the cops already.
49. The Secret Of The Golden Pavilion (#36)
How do you make a tour of the Hawaiian islands this boring? By using it as padding in your weak, weak mystery.
48. Mystery At The Ski Jump (#29)
If you want tips on skiing or starting a mink farm, this book is for you.
47. The Mysterious Mannequin (#47)
Mysteries aren’t supposed to put you to sleep.
46. The Witch Tree Symbol (#33)
They spent too much time faffing about in Amish country and not enough time building up the mystery. A lot got crammed into the last five or so chapters.
45. The Haunted Bridge (#15)
If they had dropped the bridge on the dude creeping on Nancy, I’d rank this higher.
44. The Thirteenth Pearl (#56)
Not the weakest note for Nancy to go out on, but certainly not the strongest. Also, Nancy pretends to be Japanese for zero reasons.
43. The Invisible Intruder (#46)
This is not a mystery, it’s five mysteries in a trench coat, and I think they forgot to solve one of them…
42. Mystery Of The Glowing Eye (#51)
I struggled with where to place this one. Such a good story, but it could have been solved so easily if Ned wasn’t a nitwit.
41. The Ringmaster’s Secret (#31)
Ivory Charm: The Redux, this time without the racism and mystical weirdness.
40. The Sky Phantom (#53)
Why would you ever fly through a magnetized cloud on purpose? WHY, NANCY?
39. The Double Jinx Mystery (#50)
For the most part solid, but oh, that last chapter comes RIGHT out of nowhere and slaps you with the stupid stick.
38. The Clue Of The Black Keys (#28)
Some plot points come out of thin air, and the ending felt rushed. Nancy yodels, though.
37. The Secret In The Old Attic (#21)
There are some good creepy moments, but the plot relies on everyone being a dink.
36. The Clue In The Diary (#7)
This one feels like the writer wanted to try a different plot but got hamstrung by the Checklist of Things That Must Appear in a Nancy Drew Book (which was chucked soon afterward, thankfully).
35. The Clue In The Old Stagecoach (#36)
In which we discover that Nancy and Ned have an open relationship. Either that or she cheated on him.
34. The Secret Of Mirror Bay (#49)
They blinded Nancy with science, kinda.
33. The Clue In The Crumbling Wall (#22)
Yet another “save an inheritance for this nice lady and her cutesy kid” story, now with more ableism!
32. Mystery Of The Brass-Bound Trunk (#17)
Both Nancy and the editor were a little sloppy today.
31. The Whispering Statue (#14)
The climax was neat, but the plot and the villain felt weak.
30. The Bungalow Mystery (#3)
The themes are very similar to The Secret of the Old Clock, but I just wasn’t feeling this one for some reason.
29. The Clue Of The Velvet Mask (#30)
It’s OK, I guess? Aside from George being traumatized, nothing about this one stood out to me.
28. The Clue In The Jewel Box (#20)
As far as Anastasia knockoffs go, this one is solid but slapdash towards the end.
27. The Clue Of The Whistling Bagpipes (#41)
I feel like this could have been put together better somehow. Like they pick up a Scottish girl as a guide, and you can pretty much tell the exact moment she becomes superfluous, but they don’t know how to get rid of her.
26. The Clue Of The Broken Locket (#11)
Needs more ghost boats.
25. The Message In The Hollow Oak (#12)
Love the plot idea, but it depends on padding to provide extra excitement. For crying out loud, Nancy, STOP desecrating Native American burial sites, GEEZ.
24. The Mystery Of The 99 Steps (#43)
Please…stop with the racism…I beg you…
23. The Secret Of The Old Clock (#1)
A bit slow compared to some future stories, but an excellent first impression.
22. The Scarlet Slipper Mystery (#32)
This one has lots of twists and turns, so it keeps you guessing.
21. Mystery Of Crocodile Island (#55)
*blares “Crocodile Rock” really loudly*
20. The Mystery Of The Fire Dragon (#38)
I want to love this one, but was the yellowface necessary?
19. The Sign Of The Twisted Candles (#9)
Any story where someone pulls a sword out of the wall is a good story.
18. The Secret Of The Wooden Lady (#27)
Not bad, though Nancy makes some weird conclusion hops in this one. Also loses points for wanton lizard murder.
17. The Phantom Of Pine Hill (#42)
I thought the villain was clever, and I loved Bess’s role in the climax. Now, if only Ned would stop making fun of Native Americans.
16. The Ghost Of Blackwood Hall (#25)
Stories with hypnosis as a plot point aren’t my thing, but this is good if you’re into it.
15. The Hidden Window Mystery (#34)
It starts like a ripoff of Nancy’s Mysterious Letter, but then it does its own thing, thankfully.
14. The Clue Of The Tapping Heels (#16)
SAVE THOSE KITTIES.
13. The Clue Of The Dancing Puppet (#39)
A delightfully daffy adventure about a theater troupe being haunted by a ballerina animatronic.
12. The Clue Of The Leaning Chimney (#26)
This one is intriguing and not as racist as I thought it would be!
11. The Secret Of Red Gate Farm (#6)
Combines plot elements from The Hidden Staircase with all the fun of cults and old-timey racism.
10. The Crooked Banister (#48)
I’m rating this one so high based on the strength of the shenanigans. There’s a murder bot AND a fire moat.
9. The Moonstone Castle Mystery (#40)
This is a waaay darker version of the prototypical “save the inheritance” mysteries.
8. Mystery Of The Moss-Covered Mansion (#17)
Florida Man Tries to Blow Up Rocket with Exploding Oranges, Is Stopped by Vacationing Teenager
7. The Secret Of Shadow Ranch (#5)
Good plot, and it introduces Bess and George but loses points for racism.
6. The Clue In The Crossword Cipher (#44)
Kinda racist, but if you can get past that, this one is more intense than your average ND mystery and makes good use of its location.
5. The Hidden Staircase (#2)
Good old-fashioned haunted house fun with some kidnapping and cross-dressing threw in.
4. Mystery Of The Tolling Bell (#23)
I love the set-up for this one. So much excitement and suspense to be had!
3. The Mystery At Lilac Inn (#4)
Bombs! Sharks! A Nancy Drew impersonator! What more could you want?
2. The Quest Of The Missing Map (#19)
Haunted houses, hidden treasures, and twisty family histories make this one a real treat.
1. Password To Larkspur Lane (#9)
Arthur Conan Doyle’s fingerprints are all over this one, but it’s still the distinctive flair of the best Nancy Drew books! With so much suspense and an ending worthy of an action film, this is genuinely Nancy at her finest.
Nancy Drew is a popular book series that has sold millions of copies worldwide. While the exact number of books in the series is unknown, it is estimated that there are over 50 Nancy Drew books. The series has inspired many young girls to read and has been praised for its strong female protagonist. Thank you for reading!