We can all use some great innocent bliss right now. Fortunately, writer John R. Erickson is helping out by studying excerpts online from Hank the Cowdog, his classic children’s book collection.
The books take place in the Texas Panhandle and are told from the view of Hank, a puppy who considers himself the Head of Ranch Security. When he isn’t herding cattle, he is helping out at the ranch in different ways, including becoming into hijinks, often of his own earning.
Perhaps you have wondered how many Hank The Cowdog books are there? If so, Reading to find out more.
How Many Hank The Cowdog Books Are There?
There were 79 books in the Hank the Cowdog series by John R. Erickson. The series began with “The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog,” published in 1983, and has continued with new additions over the years.
Hank The Cowdog books in order:
We now get the question “What order should I read the Hank the Cowdog series?”. We’d recommend you browse the Hank the Cowdog series in sequence by the series number that will be:
- Book 1: The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog
- Book 2: The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog
- Book 3: It’s a Dog’s Life
- Book 4: Murder in the Middle Pasture
- Book 5: Faded Love
- Book 6: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
- Book 7: The Curse of the Incredible Priceless Corncob
- Book 8: The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse
- Book 9: The Case of the Halloween Ghost #9
- Book 10: Every Dog Has His Day
- Book 11: Lost in the Dark Unchanted Forest
- Book 12: The Case of the Fiddle-Playing Fox
- Book 13: The Wounded Buzzard on Christmas Eve
- Book 14: Hank the Cowdog and Monkey Business
- Book 15: The Case of the Missing Cat
- Book 16: Lost in the Blinded Blizzard
- Book 17: The Case of the Car-Barkaholic Dog
- Book 18: The Case of the Hooking Bull
- Book 19: The Case of the Midnight Rustler
- Book 20: The Phantom in the Mirror
- Book 21: The Case of the Vampire Cat
- Book 22: The Case of the Double Bumblebee Sting
- Book 23: Moonlight Madness
- Book 24: The Case of the Black-Hooded Hangmans
- Book 25: The Case of the Swirling Killer Tornado
- Book 26: The Case of the Kidnapped Collie
- Book 27: The Case of the Night-Stalking Bone Monster
- Book 28: The Mopwater Files
- Book 29: The Case of the Vampire Vacuum Sweeper
- Book 30: The Case of the Haystack Kitties
- Book 31: The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook
- Book 32: The Garbage Monster from Outer Space
- Book 33: The Case of the Measled Cowboy
- Book 34: Slim’s Good-Bye
- Book 35: The Case of the Saddle House Robbery
- Book 36: The Case of the Raging Rottweiler
- Book 37: The Case of the Deadly Ha-Ha Game
- Book 38: The Fling
- Book 39: The Secret Laundry Monster Files
- Book 40: The Case of the Missing Bird Dog
- Book 41: The Case of the Shipwrecked Tree
- Book 42: The Case of the Burrowing Robot
- Book 43: The Case of the Twisted Kitty
- Book 44: The Dungeon of Doom
- Book 45: The Case of the Falling Sky
- Book 46: The Case of the Tricky Trap
- Book 47: The Case of the Tender Cheeping Chickies
- Book 48: The Case of the Monkey Burglar
- Book 49: The Case of the Booby-Trapped Pickup
- Book 50: The Case of the Most Ancient Bone
- Book 51: The Case of the Blazing Sky
- Book 52: The Quest for the Great White Quail
- Book 53: Drover’s Secret Life
- Book 54: The Case of the Dinosaur Birds
- Book 55: The Case of the Secret Weapon
- Book 56: The Case of the Coyote Invasion
- Book 57: The Disappearence of Drover
- Book 58: The Case of the Mysterious Voice
- Book 59: The Case of the Perfect Dog
- Book 60: The Big Question
- Book 61: The Case of the Prowling Bear
- Book 62: The Ghost of Rabbits Past
- Book 63: The Return of the Charlie Monsters
- Book 64: The Case of the Three Rings
- Book 65: The Almost Last Roundup
- Book 66: The Christmas Turkey Disaster
- Book 67: Wagons West
- Book 68: The Secret Pledge
- Book 69: The Case of the Wandering Goats
- Book 70: The Case of the Troublesome Lady
- Book 71: The Case of the Monster Fire
- Book 72: The Case of the Three-Toed Sloth
- Book 73: The Case of the Buried Deer
- Book 74: The Frozen Rodeo
- Book 75: The Case of the Red Rubber Ball
- Book 76: The Case of the Missing Teeth
- Book 77: The Case of the Lost Camp
- Book 78: The Incredible Ice Event
Are There Any Other Books In The Hank The Cowdog Series Besides The Main Series?
Hank the Cowdog is a series of children’s books written by John R. Erickson and illustrated by Gerald L. Holmes. The series follows the adventures of Hank, a humorous and lovable dog who is the self-appointed “Head of Ranch Security” on a Texas ranch.
The series includes 62 books, which are divided into the following categories: the main series (consisting of 42 books), the Hank the Cowdog Jr. series (consisting of 12 books), the Hank the Cowdog Grown-Up series (consisting of 6 books), and the Hank the Cowdog treasury (consisting of 2 books).
Although the main series is the most popular, all of the categories are enjoyable and offer something unique.
What Is The Age Range For The Hank The Cowdog Series?
The age range for the Hank the Cowdog series is 8-12 years old. The series is appropriate for children in this age range because it is filled with adventure, mystery, and humor. Additionally, the series teaches children important life lessons, such as the importance of loyalty and friendship.
What type of book is Hank the Cowdog?
Hank the Cowdog is a long running, continuing chain of children’s books written by John R. Erickson and illustrated by Gerald L. Holmes.
Are Hank the Cowdog chapter books?
On the lookout for a collection of chapter books that comprises a delightful mixture of fun, puzzle, and adventure? Prepare for a deal if you introduce your kids to John R. Erickson’s Hank the Cowdog series.
What kind of dog is drover from Hank the Cowdog?
Little white mutt
Drover is Hank’s loyal yet bashful sidekick. The small white mutt is generally discovered hiding in the machine shed.
Who wrote Hank the Cowdog books?
John R. Erickson
Writer and writer John R. Erickson begins a set of his readings from his Hank the Cowdog books, complete with all voices of these characters, sound effects, and narration. The lessons are similar to if he had been in a college or county library, except for just one thing: the scene is somewhat different.
The Cowdog Books Hank the Cowdog is a series of children’s books written by author John R. Erickson. The books follow the adventures of Hank, a lovable but mischievous Cowdog, and his friends on a ranch in Texas.
The Hank the Cowdog books are entertaining and educational, teaching children about life on a ranch and the importance of responsibility and friendship. They are sure to bring smiles and laughter to any young reader.
Thank you for reading!
- How Many Goosebumps Books Are There? Best 
- How Many Dog Man Books Are There? [Top Best 2023 Update]
- Best Vampire Books of All Time Review 2023