We are certain that you will be equally interested in the 13 Reasons Why Quotes, as well as the movie 13 Reasons Why. Did you find any memorable lines from the movie that left an impression at the end? It’s great that you found our website.
We have collected the most popular quotes of recent times. These quotes can be found all over the forums. So what are you waiting for? Let’s take an in-depth look at these hot sayings.
13 Reasons Why
Season 1 begins when Clay Jensen, a student at his school, finds a box containing cassette tapes at his door. Hannah’s name was on 13 cassette tapes found in the box. Hannah’s audio diary, which Hannah recorded and shared with the world, was found on the tapes.
Clay wasn’t alone in having the tapes. All 13 Tapes contained the names of people who had hurt Hannah or were related to Hannah, who took this step for themselves. All the related people from her high school or family, including her enemies and friends, received the tapes.
Season 2 shows the life of two months after Hannah’s death. Clay, Clay’s classmates, school staff, and other people involved in the tapes are drawn into the civil legal battle between Liberty High School and Hannah’s family. Hannah’s mother is now facing the worst tragedy of her life and wants justice. She believes it was the school’s duty to look after children and their education as the guardians of their parents. Hannah’s suicide was a result of Hannah’s parents neglecting to inform the school.
The trial witnesses tell the story. On the other side, Clay Jensen tries to find the evidence that might lead to Hannah’s justice or the culprits being caught. Clay Jensen takes all the blame and blames Hannah for her lack of a friend. Hannah’s parents split because Hannah has different thoughts.
Eight months after season 2, Season 3 was released. The story centers on how the children are still trying to get their lives back on track. They attempt to help Tyler recover from the Massacre that their friend Tyler committed. Season climax occurs when, during a high school homecoming game, one of the high school students named “Bryce Walker” is killed. The children become more curious after Bryce’s passing. All of them are now afraid that Bryce’s dark secrets may be out after his death.
Season 4 will be released on June 5, 2020. While most people didn’t find the 2 and 3 Seasons worth watching, rumors suggest that the final season will feature many twists, turns, and surprises.
13 Reasons Why Quotes – Top Popular Quotes
13 Reasons Why is still very popular. The second season of 13 Reasons Why will be available on Netflix on May 18. It is very strong.
Brian Yorkey’s TV adaptation of Jay Asher’s novel almost instantly became the most-tweeted show on Netflix. It was also the most-watched show in Netflix history, according to audience insight firm Fizziology.
The commentary from the second season of the show may still be dominating your social media timelines one year later.
There are many theories and memes, but the show’s quotes reign supreme in memorializing Liberty High students. We’ll be briefly reviewing the 13 Reasons Why lines that have made waves on social media, either because of their prominence in the show’s story or because they are so important.
1. “That’s how it is for girls. People judge you by the way you look, the things they hear about you. They put a label on you.”
While testifying at Hannah’s trial, Jessica added, “I just think boys get to determine themselves.” They can choose their identity and hide behind it. It’s sad, but it’s also the show’s way of dealing with sexism in real life.
2. “I don’t blame Hannah for anything. That’s how it is for girls. People judge you for the way you look and the things they hear about you. They put a label on you.” — Jessica
Jessica revealed some important truths during her testimony, and it appears she will continue doing so in season 3 on 13 Reasons Why.
3. “Fucking boys.”
Courtney Crimson, who gets it, rattled off this quote.
4. “Maybe love is how you understand infinity. When your love has no limit. When it goes on forever. Maybe that feels like infinity.” — Hannah Baker
Hannah was always wiser than her years when it comes to love, and this quote proves that.
5. “What’s the truth? What’s true? I think we each have our own truth.”
Another Courtney gem that kicked off Season 2’s second Episode – one that saw the teenager come out as he testified against Hannah’s school.
6. “You can have the best intentions and still fall short.” — Billy Porter
Although Mr. Porter had the best intentions for his students, he felt that he was failing them after all that happened in season 2.
7. “I hope that wherever you go next, you feel peace [and] you feel safe in a way that you never did here.”
Clay said it during Hannah’s emotional farewell in Season 2.
8. “No matter how many reasons there might be why, there are always more why not.” — Olivia Baker
Clay’s “why not” list is given to Olivia by Olivia. While Clay ended up with 11 reasons for her decision, Olivia reminds Clay that there will always be more.
9. “Welcome to your tape.”
Hannah’s four words to describe her “reasons” have become a well-known and controversial refrain. While you might hear people saying “Welcome To Your Tape” as a reference, it’s more common to see the phrase’s meme version, gaining a lot of attention.
10. “Clay, you don’t know what was happening in this photo and you don’t know what happened after. Girls don’t just get themselves into bad situations. Guys make the situation worse. You don’t know what that feels like, to be a girl in that room.” — Sheri
In season 2 of “13 Reasons Why,” Sheri is real AF when she speaks to Clay about a disturbing Polaroid photo.
When Hannah, Alex, or Jessica, commiserate at Monet’s with one another, they start their venting sessions by saying, “Olly, Olly-oxen-free.” Yorkey gave the trio’s frustrations a hashtag-friendly upgrade that made it seem more relatable. It’s now a symbol of a close bond that was too fragile.
12. “Hot chocolate is the cure for all things sh***y in life.” — Jessica
Hot chocolate doesn’t cure problems. This is evident because Hannah’s, Jessica’s, and Alex’s hot chocolate meetups at Monet’s were abruptly canceled as soon as there was drama among the crew. The point is that hot chocolate makes you feel better, and sometimes that’s all you need.
13. “Losing a good friend is never easy.”
PREACH. RIP Jessica and Hannah.
14. “It must be possible to swim in the ocean of the one you love without drowning…” — Hannah
This is a line from Hannah’s poem. It was truly hauntingly beautiful.
15. “It has to get better.”
The Season 1 finale sees Clay, a nearly hopeless character, encourage Mr. Porter and viewers to learn to be more mindful of treating other people. Although the line is a little too obvious, it highlights one of the most important messages in the story.
16. “I think I’ve made myself very clear, but no one’s coming forward to stop me.” — Hannah
Hannah reached out to 13 Reasons Why for help, hoping that someone would stop what she was about to do. But no one did.
Maybe she thought she was more obvious than she was to her friends, but this line helps you see that it’s okay to reach out and ask if they are okay with you, even if it’s not what you want.
17. “I cost a girl her life because I was afraid to love her.”
Clay dropped another sad truth bomb on Mr. Porter earlier in the finale. “We don’t know what [Hannah] was thinking or feeling.” The guidance counselor, who is tearing up, said that there was no way to determine why she did the things she did. (Cuddle up, Mr. Porter.
18. “A rumor based on a kiss ruined a memory that I hoped would be special.” — Hannah
Hannah and Justin had a wonderful night in the park. He ended it with a kiss. And to impress his boys, he made them believe they did more than they did. Although Justin didn’t know it at the time, his lies of omission hurt Hannah and spiraled out of control. This is not something you see on TV. This happens every day to real people.
19. “Maybe there aren’t any good kids.” — Clay
Clay’s mother attempts to make Clay feel better by telling him that he is “a good child.” This is what Clay snaps back at. Clay discovers that not all of Hannah’s tapes are bad. Bryce is a notable, terrible exception.
They were the only people who did terrible things to Hannah. The truth is that anyone can do terrible things when placed in difficult situations. Clay is one example of a “good kid”.
20. “Dad, where’s your radio thing?” — Clay
Let’s face facts: Cassette tapes have become obsolete. Clay asked his father for his “radio stuff,” which is his boombox, to address the old source of the show’s narration.
Other 13 Reasons Why Quotes Considerate:
21. “You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”―
22. “I’ve heard so many stories I don’t know which one is the most popular. But I do know which is the least popular.
23. “I wanted people to trust me, despite anything they’d heard. And more than that, I wanted them to know me. Not the stuff they thought they knew about me. No, the real me. I wanted them to get past the rumors. To see beyond the relationships I once had, or maybe still had but that they didn’t agree with.” ― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
25. “And you, lucky number thirteen, you can take the tapes straight to hell. Depending on your religion, maybe I’ll see you there.” – Hannah Baker
26. “Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don’t understand. Thoughts that aren’t even true—that aren’t really how we feel—but they’re running through our heads anyway because they’re interesting to think about.
If you could hear other people’s thoughts, you’d overhear things that are true as well as things that are completely random. And you wouldn’t know one from the other. It’d drive you insane. What’s true? What’s not? A million ideas, but what do they mean?”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
27. “Like driving along a bumpy road and losing control of the steering wheel, tossing you—just a tad—off the road. The wheels kick up some dirt, but you’re able to pull it back. Yet no matter how hard you try to drive straight, something keeps jerking you to the side. You have so little control over anything anymore. And at some point, the struggle becomes too much—too tiring—and you consider letting go. Allowing tragedy… or whatever… to happen.” ― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
28.“You can’t stop the future
You can’t rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
…is to press play.”
29. “Soul Alone by Hannah Baker
I meet your eyes
you don’t even see me
You hardly respond
when I whisper
Could be my soul mate
two kindred spirits
Maybe we’re not
I guess we’ll never
My own mother
you carried me in you
Now you see nothing
but what I wear
People ask you
how I’m doing
You smile and nod
don’t let it end
underneath God’s sky and
don’t just see me with your eyes
this mask of flesh and bone and
for my soul
30. “ If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don’t want to cry anymore, you don’t listen to that song anymore.
But you can’t get away from yourself. You can’t decide not to see yourself anymore. You can’t decide to turn off the noise in your head.”
― Jay Asher
31. “But now it’s too late.
And that’s why at this moment I feel so much hate. Toward myself. I deserve to be on this list. Because if I hadn’t been so afraid of everyone else, I might have told Hannah that someone cared.”
32. “Hello boys and girls. Hannah Baker here. Live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore, and this time absolutely no requests. I hope you’re ready because I’m about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why it ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes, you’re one of the reasons why.”
33. “A flood of emotions rushes into me. Pain and anger. Sadness and pity. But most surprising of all, hope.” ― Jay Asher
34. “When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life.” and I walked for hours the mist growing thick and whole the thought of disappearing like that, so simply, made me so happy”
35. “Because no, I didn’t push her away. I didn’t add to her pain or do anything to hurt her. Instead, I left her alone in that room. The only person who might’ve been able to reach out and save her from herself. To pull her back from wherever she was heading.
36. “If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I’d be soaring in flight.” ―
37. “You can hear rumors. But you can’t know them.” ― Jay Asher
38. “Justin, honey, you were my very first kiss. My very first hand to hold. But you were nothing more than an average guy. And I don’t say that to be mean- I don’t. There was just something about you that made me need to be your girlfriend to this day I don’t know exactly what that was. But it was there.. and it was amazingly strong.”
39. “Who would send me a shoebox full of audiotapes? No one listens to tapes anymore. Do I even have a way to play them?” – Clay Jensen
40. “Fun drunks make a nice addition to any party. Not looking to fight. Not looking to score. Just looking to get drunk and laugh.”
― Jay Asher
41. “When the right moment appears, the key is to not let it pass.”
42. “I sat. And I thought. And the more I thought, connecting the events in my life, the more my heart collapsed.” ―
43. “Maybe it didn’t seem like a big deal to you Zach. But now, I hope you understand. My world was collapsing. I needed those notes. I needed any hope those notes might have offered. And you? You took that hope away. You decided I didn’t deserve to have it.” ―
44. “No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.” ― Jay Asher
45. “My breathing begins to slow. The tension in my muscles starts to relax”
46. “I hope you’re ready because I’m about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes, you’re one of the reasons why.” ―
47. “Maybe if I forgot things once in a while, we’d all be a little bit happier.”
48. “How in the world was I alone? Because I wanted to be. That’s all I can say. It’s all that makes sense to me.”
49. “It’s hard to be disappointed when what you expected turns out to be true.” ― Jay Asher
50. “But eventually, as they always will, the rumors reached me. And everybody knows you can’t disprove a rumor.”
51. “My breathing begins to slow. The tension in my muscles starts to relax”
52. “Chaos theory. Sounds dramatic, but it’s not. Ask a mathematician. Better yet, ask someone who’s been in a hurricane.” – Brian Yorkey
53. “No matter how matter reasons there are, there are always more reasons why not” – Olivia Baker
54. “After all, how often do we get a second chance?”
55. “We both laugh. And it feels good. A release. Like laughing at a funeral. Maybe inappropriate, but definitely needed.”
56. “I’m listening to someone give up. Someone I knew someone I liked. I’m listening… but still, I’m too late.” ― Jay Asher
57. “I can’t. You can’t rewrite the past.” ― Jay Asher
58. “Two steps behind her, I say her name.
59. “You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is…now.” ―
60. “The kind of lonely I’m talking about is when you feel you’ve got nothing left. Nothing and no one. Like you’re drowning and no one will throw you a line.” – Hannah Baker
61. “Even though I had a history with that house, it didn’t matter. You can’t go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have…is now.”
62. “You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part.” … “When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life.”
If you’re a true fan, 13 Reasons Why is a movie you should watch? It would help if you heard what the character is saying. These best quotes from 13 Reasons Why have been used to simulate the film’s contents briefly. You can still visit our website to find more inspiring quotes.
We provide the famous quotes of each character in 13 Reasons Why. There are also quotes from movies that “stormed” on social media in the past.
Maybe You Need: